SAU Community

Rb25det Complete Motor **exc Cond**

Item for sale is a series one RB25DET motor.

Includes:

complete unopened long motor, from sump to cam covers.

standard plenum (minus throttle body & cross over pipe)

standard set of working coil packs (minus ignitor box)

new timing belt along with all the idler bearings replaced

DOES NOT INCLUDE:

exhaust manifold, turbo, clutch/flywheel

Condition of motor is excellent, with compression and leakdown tests performed at Tilbrooks a week ago, just before motor removed from car, showing excellent compression and leakdown maximum of only 6% (where up to 10% leakdown is acceptable.

I have covered approximately 40,000kms with this motor (85000km on odometer), without ever missing a beat. Particular attention has always been paid to good tuning, good fuel, and good servicing. Oil is fanatically changed sometimes every 3000kms, and i have a log book of every service since i purchased the car ~2 years ago. Only top quality fully synthetic oil has ever been used, with log book detailing brand, grade and filter used at each change!

Reason for sale:

It is purely for my own peace of mind that i am swapping my stock motor for a fully rebuilt forged internals motor. Ever since my 2835ProS kit went on the standard motor, boost has never gone over 17psi. I have been wanting to crank the boost up for a while, and was told to just throw a head gasket in the stock motor and go for it. But i am extemely fussy and am a big fan of peace-of-mind! Therefore i wanted the security of knowing that i can safely push my turbo to its limits without finding the limits of the standard motor. Tuning has only ever been done by Simon @ Morpowa, and i have always been happy with his safe but effective tunes. Knock levels are consistently under 20.

The 2835 has been on the car only a short while, and so the motor has not been making 265rwkw for long.

Several people that have come to Tilbrooks enquiring about putting a RB25 into their R32, and Mark has recommended using my motor, stating that buying a motor from a yard or importer can be risky as these motors have often been sitting around for long periods and history is completely unknown. Whereas the health and good running of this motor is ensured.

Grey33036resize.jpg

(this picture of actual engine for sale, taken just before respray)

PRICE: $2500

Can organise transport interstate.

Please PM me for further contact details, or further information.