SAU Community

R34 Autobox Service

994door

I can't remember the part no. for the fuel filter but any repco or that sort of place has it in their system and in stock.

There's not much you can do with the r34 trans to service it except change the fluid. I put about 7 litres of fluid in there last time but 5 the time before I think. The problem is that the torque converter can't be drained properly. When I did the valvebody the thing continuously dripped fluid for 3 weeks.

The filter shouldn't really need changing at this stage. Mine had 80 odd thou on the clock but the filter was pretty clean. You can actually remove it and clean it with a rag if you want as well as getting the stuff that sticks to the magnet out.

Just drain the fluid, remove the pan, then remove the filter which is the plate thing bolted to the bottom of the valvebody with a square hole in it. You need a new pan gasket from somewhere and some gasket goop and away you go.

It's a really messy job so have several clean rags (you don't want any contaminants in your trans) and lots of newspaper handy.