SAU Community

Help Please !

R32_GTS-4

i changed my spark plugs today, i just got it all back together and started it up, and it sounds off...sounds like a boxer engine???

i made sure everything went back in the right places, all plugs put back together, so can anyone help me out here?

feels like its restricted too, not as much acceleration, it feels like theres a shyte load of torque as the whole car shakes when i accelerate...can someone help pleeeeeeeeeease??

its an R32 GTS-4 RB20DET

thanks guys

Dude one of ur plugs isnt firing.....check everything is tight again, coz thats the definate answer. Had the same problem once and my leed popped off, open ur engine bay, taek ur coild packs off or leads and check the plugs again, then make sure ur coil packs are back on tight.

yeah im going to check it all tomorrow it will definately be one of the above, a coil pack not joined properly, a dead plug possibly or even a vaccum hose that i missed, but i have my money on the coil not makin a good connection...shall post tomorrow, hopefully with a solution

thanks again guys

yeah guys, just as everyone suspected, the first coil pack had become loose when i was putting it all back together, pluged her back in, now my straight 6 sounds like a straight 6 again....yay :P thanks for the help guys

it sounds like a missfire mate, coil packs are the most likely culprit (usually is in this kinda case), if not, take a peak at what ever else it is in the ignition system, e.g spark plugs etc