SAU Community

Little Vent On R34gtr!

West

Hi all, i've recently notice on late model R34GTR, they all have this little vent seem to sit on top of the turbos. Nissan has never had vents on their cars before havn't they?

Anyone know what's the purpose of this? It doesn't look like an air escape vent neither intake vent!!!

Also anyone has a close up pic, under the bonnet pic?

34GTR.jpg

I can assure its not an aftermarket item its a stock Nissan item that all series 2 V-specs have . Try another dealer , one that deals with imports .

Alright, i've been on the phone with some of Nissan dealers for the last 2 hours :lol: , friday thing, dont' feel like working lol. Anyway, no one was able to find the article for the vent EVEN THOUGH it shown on their pdf sheet that there is a square HOLE on the bonnet!!!!

To be able to dig in further, i'll need a chassic number of an R34GTR. Well its' not that important, i'm just curious thats all. Garry Roger Nissan has been very helpfull, Also found part number for R32GTR Thermal switch (2159573L05) and cost $115+gst still they don't know what temp range it will activate the fan.

managed to get it working and yep its a trap for the shit that falls through the hole....Factory bonnets are painted and the quality is quite poo...you can still see the woven mesh throught the paint...they tape up the vent hole before painting them thats why it looks like a separate part.....Do you want one of these vents?I could hack one out of an old panel if you like