SAU Community

1998 Honda Cbr900rr Fireblade

Hiyas all, Got myself a Stagea recently, and want to put some more $$ into that, so therefore......

Thinking of selling my beast, a 1998 Honda CBR900RR Fireblade. I have put over $9000 of mods into this bike, it is simply awesome. Insurance valuation of the bike is $13000, so thats what Id be after if someone wants this pristine superbike.

New tyres, just been fully serviced and the flatslide racing carbs have been fully balanced and tuned. Sitting at around 38000kms at the moment.

It was bought second hand at 23500kms just over two years ago. Engine rebuild performed at 31000kms by an ex-500GP star rider, who was a privateer. Highly experienced engine builder. Fully rebuilt with a long list of Honda standard and various aftermarket HRC parts used. I have a long list of invoices............!

Ive also added the following all myself, with most parts bought brand new off ebay to help save some money. If I was to buy this gear at a shop I may have spent around $13k on mods, but anyways:

Factory Pro +- 2 degree ignition advancer

K&N twin pod air filters, no airbox

Keihin FCR 39mm flatslide racing carburettors worth $2000

Akrapovic full 4-2-1 exhaust system with individual titanium header pipes, titanium collector pipe, and carbon fibre oval muffler, worth $2500

17inch front rim upgrade from a 1998 CBR600RR F3 USA model with new axle and spacers, in lieu of the standard 16inch wheel.

310mm Galfer 'Wave' rotors that are petal shaped, with 58mm offset and 17mm total width with 4.5mm spacers (in lieu of CBR900 standard 310mm with 62mm offset and 21.5mm width). Awesome performance brakes.

Sintered front and rear brake pads

Galfer braided stainless steel front only brake lines

Double-bubble dark smoke tinted windscreen

Carbon fibre aftermarket left and right mirrors

Carbon fibre speedo / rev guage surround

Carbon fibre yoke protector

525 DID chain conversion

45tooth rear sprocket

14tooth front sprocket (also have 15 & 16 tooth sprockets)

Speedo has been recalibrated to suit sprocket change

Shindy Daytona adjustable steering damper with mounting kit

Crash bobbins installed to fairings

Rebuilt front suspension with Racetech 1.0kg springs and heavy 15w fork oil

Rebuilt rear suspension with Eibach rear spring rated to 125kg

Matisse rear ride height adjuster (raised rear end by around 2inches)

Carbon pad tank protector

Lockhart Philips half tank protective bra

Carbon fibre mini front and rear turn signals

Competition Werks fender eliminator / tail tidy

Black ABS plastic rear wheel hugger (with dodgy black paint covered in stickers)

Carbon fibre front wheel guard, also have original unit.

Pyramid Plastics solo seat cowl – eliminates passenger seat pad, also have orginal seat and footpegs.

Valtermoto foot peg spacer adjusters, height adjustable

Exhaust hanger bracket – eliminating rear passenger foot pegs

Black wool seat cover

‘CBR’ logo punched out heel guards

‘CBR’ logo punched out sprocket cover (broken, needs re-weld)

Not Yet Fitted:Carbon handlebar end weights & ‘CBR’ logo handgrips, bag rack, various parts taken off the bike, velocity stacks. Lots of spares and stock standard parts, etc.

Only thing you'd want to add yourself is a brand new rear shock unit, like and Ohlins or similar.

Approximately 152 rear wheel horsepower (or 113kw at the wheel) up from 117 rear wheel HP. Thats a lot of power for a bike that weighs around 185kgs. Higher power to weight ratio than a ZX12R or Hayabusa, and on par with brand new 2005 1litre sportsbikes.

Thinking of taking up a safer past time, this bike is very very very quick and a absolute ball to ride! Im a serious Adelaide Hills road rider, but need to slow down due to 2nd kiddie almost here. Also my 7knee surgeries are starting to catch up to me.....

PM me if you are intrested in a true fully road registered and insured 'superbike'. Not really emotionally ready to sell it, but will let it go if the right offer comes along.

If you want more photos PM me with an email address and I'll send them to you - please note the very first top left picture is the latest phot with my latest mod, the Wave rotors, on the front rim. The pic with me on the bike is old, with a Yoshimura exhaust system that has been sold and replacd with the Akropovic (only a few months ago).

Brendan

post-18854-1133404365.jpg

post-18854-1133405232.jpg

post-18854-1133405291.jpg

post-18854-1133405402.jpg

Edited by bwilkeson

2nd paragraph.... insurance would pay me $13k for ditching the bike down the road, so thats what Id take. Expensive for a 98 model bike I know, but SO WELL worth it, seriously. I added things up last night, must have cost me all up around 20k.........

Nothing to spend at all, a juicy kick-ass performance machine.

Cheers mate, its for sale if someone is truely intrested, but otherwise my grand plan has always to ride it hard for 5yrs or so (owned it for 2.5yrs now, and built it up over 18months).

Not bothered either way really; if that makes sense to people? I doubt many people would appreciate the long list of mods & unreal performance, etc.

Brendan

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Do you think I will kill myself on this thing after just getting my full license? Is it friendly to ride or is it a beast? I've just sold my line and wanting to upgrade from a Aerox100 scooter.

Its all about throttle control....... =)

It is very friendly to ride, but give it a snap with the right hand and just make sure you're 'holding on'.....!

Best offer ppls

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Had that final ride on Saturday.... was awesome.

Considering it hasnt been ridden since 3/1/06 I couldnt believe how great the response was, felt like it was last ridden the day before..... admittedly I did throw in a bottle of $8 octane booster to help out the old fuel in the tank.

Decided not to advertise it, going to throw it on consignment to the local bike shop.... they'll charge me $550 for the sale, so we'll put it in for 12k obo. So, Ive got to make a list of all the spares I have, find and photocopy all the receipts I have, and take it all down to the local shop.

Oh well, Ive enjoyed it whilst its lasted. Damn knees.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
>_< OMG thats so CHEAP!! Some one by this mans bike!! looks so sweet, i want to buy but you will have to wait for me to get the money together, i just hope by that time you will still have the bike (i know that is bad but i want the bike >_< )

cheers mate

yeah its an absolute joke - I cant even drive to work in the city now without being in insane pain for the day, and then do it again to get home.

going to have a final ride on friday, she'll be ready for sale on saturday.

too cheap, but thats the way it goes I suppose - considering I built this bike NEVER to be sold.

* runs away and crys *

pm sent

not interested in any other vehicles for part trades

advertised in The Advertiser on saturdays only for $7700

thats the price

funny how 20 ppl can try to bargain me down with $$ but not 1 is prepared to see it and ride it first.

weird

Hey brendan i could not sell my ex TKA superbike, but a shot on ebay saw it sell for more than i actually asked for it.

old thread. http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.p...hl=kawasaki+tka

try ebay :laugh: dont cut yourself short especially on that machine.

ps fkn sweet bike i wish i had a few spare pennies.

Edited by URAS