SAU Community

Importing Stagea To Adelaide

jasevr4

Hi All,

I was just wondering if anyone has imported a Stagea to Adelaide at all?

I know most of them are complied in QLD, but was just wondering if anyone knows what the deal is with getting one rego'd in Adelaide.

I guess first preference is to use a RAWS workshop in Adelaide, but failing that, would the compliance work would be done in QLD, then have it rego'd in qld, and transfer it to Adelaide rego after the current rego runs out? (Which means it cant be modified while I'm waiting for the rego to run out, as it will need to be inspected again in Adelaide).

If anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Most likely option is that you'd get the compliance work done at the RAWS (QLD), and then transport the car down to Adelaide for rego. No need for Qld rego unless you plan to drive it down - then you could probably obtain temporary rego from SA, (if they offer it)

Hi All,

I was just wondering if anyone has imported a Stagea to Adelaide at all?

I know most of them are complied in QLD, but was just wondering if anyone knows what the deal is with getting one rego'd in Adelaide.

I guess first preference is to use a RAWS workshop in Adelaide, but failing that, would the compliance work would be done in QLD, then have it rego'd in qld, and transfer it to Adelaide rego after the current rego runs out? (Which means it cant be modified while I'm waiting for the rego to run out, as it will need to be inspected again in Adelaide).

If anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

When I bought my Stagea, the price included delivery to Sydney. It was complied in Queensland (no Stagea compliers in NSW) then it was delivered via truck to Sydney. It comes with the necessary paperwork from the complier, all you do is take the car and the ALL of the paperwork to whoever in SA does first time regos.

It will pay off to make a few phone calls first, talk to the complier about SA rego, they will know the score. Then talk to whoever in SA does first time regos, they will tell you what they need. Be prepared to get stuffed around by beaurocrats, they will waste your time if you don't have everything they want.

Pop over to the Stagea forum for more specific Stagea discussion.

:P cheers :D

DO IT!!! i want a stagea Adelaide cruise!!

:P

easy as pie mate, get it sent into a compliance shop in qld, have all paperwork ready in hand, have it shipped down to Regency, and its all done. easy....... sort of!

Thanks SydneyKid - I've been doing a lot of reading in that section.. Been lurking for a while! :D

bwilkeson - I take it you have one rego'd in SA? The way that you have suggested it sounds much easier - means I can start modifying straight away! :)

I know the procedures and "what not" (i.e. CRAP) as I imported my VR4 last year, but just wanted to check with how it works through SEVS.

Time to start investigating I reckon... How did you fellas import? Through one of the local importers? Like J-spec/Prestige? Or Did you get it exported?

Thanks heaps!

Jase

Haha don't worry Kristian, you're the person that I would most probably go through, just trying to get an idea of what others have done :D

FWIW, is what bwilkeson suggested a fairly common way of importing SEVS imports? Regency have done it a million times before and they know how it all happens?

Thanks SydneyKid - I've been doing a lot of reading in that section.. Been lurking for a while! :D

bwilkeson - I take it you have one rego'd in SA? The way that you have suggested it sounds much easier - means I can start modifying straight away! :(

I know the procedures and "what not" (i.e. CRAP) as I imported my VR4 last year, but just wanted to check with how it works through SEVS.

Time to start investigating I reckon... How did you fellas import? Through one of the local importers? Like J-spec/Prestige? Or Did you get it exported?

Thanks heaps!

Jase

Yeah Jase, if I imported myself I would have gone thru Jspec or Prestige. Have it delivered to Qld, maybe Nismo or someone who had a plate for a decent price (your importer who you pay that service fee will chase all that for you), and do all the necessary compliance work.

Get one close to stock to save across-state headaches! Once its all 'legally complied' and ready to be registered, have it picked up by a transport company (I used Autotrans when I grabbed my Qld rego'd Stagea in July) and sent down to you.

From there Im sure you can apply for a temp rego slip for 24hrs to drive it to Regency to have it fully inspected (if not then have it towed), and for the paperwork to be presented etc. Should be aok, as long as its a stock as a rock.

Best of luck with it - I didnt have the guts to do it plus I found a great Stag for under 18k in Qld, but maybe next time........

Brendan

Haha don't worry Kristian, you're the person that I would most probably go through, just trying to get an idea of what others have done :(

FWIW, is what bwilkeson suggested a fairly common way of importing SEVS imports? Regency have done it a million times before and they know how it all happens?

Bugger - he's uncovered my secret identity!! :rolleyes: :lol:

Yeah I went through J-spec when I imported my VR4 and the service was great.. To be honest though, others are providing the same service (i.e. Kristian), for much cheaper.

Out of curiosity, SydneyKid, did you come over to Adelaide to help Jack Monkhouse out for RallySA this year?

If you didn't ignore that random question. hahaha

hahaha - a duel at dawn might be in order flipknot!

I'm certainly not here to nick anyone's customers - I barely have enough time as it is, and I only do it for fun. I think companies like J-Spec do a fantastic job - if it weren't for them, we'd all be paying $30K for a S1 Stagea at a dealer...

Nizmo charge $3500 GST inc, which isn't too far off the mark but still more expensive that what you've listed there Darrin - will have to give the guys in Sydney a shot next time, for more reasons than one...

Edited by vrfour

For what it's worth fLipKnot, I spoke to Kristian before coming on here - I don't want to create any arguments or anything. I'm one of the NS.com goons hehe.

From what I can tell so far, I think I am looking for a S2 "RS-Four S" (thats the 5 speed, right?). Probably black, dark blue or silver I think - the dual sunroofs would be nice too, and a few interior options.. I don't think the tv screen is worth it is it? It's pretty much useless in Australia, yeah?

I'm probably going to wait until Christmas passes, then chuck my car on the market and try and figure out 100% what I'm looking for.

Also, just another quick question, are we allowed to have the dark as black tint on the back windows in Australia because it's from factory or something? Everyone seems to have it - just wondering whether it's legal or not.

Cheers!

It's alright Jason - flipknot and I know each other! He's taking the piss.

A TV is useless here, although I've heard they can be converted for about the price of buying a new TV unit...

Interestingly, SA doesn't allow any tint whatsoever on the front windows any more - same as Japan! The rears can go as dark as 35% VLT from memory. Having said this, I bought a Territory from Ford with factory tint on the front windows...

In other words, no tint when it goes through Recency, then off to the nearest tinter :P