SAU Community

Lsd

Clint32

Well it seems after 2 years of abuse my diff has finally lost its limited slip during my runs at the drags on the weekend. Have many others had theirs fail in this way? I do have 235rwkw so it takes a bit.

What can i do to fix it better than stock, i was looking for a mechanical one but no one can get them at the moment and they are supposed to be pretty harsh on the street.

Im also told you can shim the plates in the diff to tighnten them up, im looking at getting this done to another diff for the street and get my current diff locked for the strip.

meggala it was my first ever trip to the drags so a bit of a experiece, and i was only really driving with 1 wheel so traction was not there at all, the wheel would just spin and the car would stay in a staight line so i know its stuffed. anyway, i did 4 runs 3rd run was a 14.0 at 108.5mph with 2.59 60ft, the last run was 13.6 with a 2.35 60ft but unfortuately mph didnt record but would have been a lot more. my times got quicker and mph increased but i had to take it easy off the line, slip cluch at 3500rpm when turbo makes full boost at 4500rpm is not the best for a quick car loosing lots at the start and spining wheel ito 3rd.

Confident of a mid 12 with a good diff and a couple of runs.

Probably get one locked for the drags as this will never fail if done properly.