SAU Community

How Much Space Out Back?

jasevr4

Hi all,

Some of you may have seen my post in the Compliance/Importing section but for those who didn't, I'm Jase from Adelaide and I'm looking at getting a Stagea.

I currently have a VR4 Galant.. It's a good car but I want to be able to move my partner's and my mountain bikes.

The question I'm wondering is though - Do you think two mountain bikes would fit in the boot without too much hassle?

What is the "boot" like as far as strength? As in, this is a very bad explanation, but around the "bulge" for the struts, is the plastic very strong? or is it very thin?

Also, what is the carpet like? Is it soft or does it seem fairly strong?

Any photos of the boot area would be great too. :)

Thanks all!

I had a mountain bike in the back just a few weeks ago, when I went to pump up the tyres (brand new bike so therefore the wheels were very flat - man that seat hurts!!).

Fitted without a problem around my subwoofer and under the rear net-cage, with the back seats down. Two wouldnt be a prob, nor would 4 stacked on top of each other!

Carpet is nice and lush - might get knee /elbow rash though if you gave it a good work out *ahhemm*

Ok,

If anyone can top this effort, ill pay you 50 bucks.

Ive put in

- A single 2400x1200mm sheet of aluminium

I was driving with a sheet of aluminium sitting on top of my head. ALL seats down, mine as far forward as possible....AND a passenger behind me, tucked down underneath the aluminium.

Sorry about the size, but the only way you can see him. Lucky enough, i could see out my mirrors so driving wasnt that bad :D

alu0td.jpg

Didnt forget about the roof racks, but do you know how much lift a sheet 1200x2400 would get at highish speeds?

Also i dont have cross bars, where if i did, i would have slapped it on the roof. I also dont have anything to secure it up there...

This is how i go to the post office two times a week in the stagea. A lessson in how much it can REALLY hold :P

back14vn.jpg

back26sm.jpg

...i am on a first name basis with everyone, go through the back door which has a loading bay, get parcels sent on personal credit... yes... they love me :D

AND i get a free packet of lollies everytime i spend over $300 :)

This is how i go to the post office two times a week in the stagea. A lessson in how much it can REALLY hold :)

You REALLY need a cargo barrier behind the drivers st - many people get killed by things flying forward when they either have to brake sharply or bump into something (somebody in Aus was killed a few years ago by a bag of rice!) Remeber, whatever you have in the back is going to be doing up to 60kmh+ when it runs into the back of your head...

Ian

I KNEW you would comment Ian, was just waiting :)

Too bad they dont come with cargo barriers just behind the drivers seat do they? Thats where i need it because i .. well...quite fill 'er up. Or can they fit in that location somehow? I put everything the way it is at the moment so that nothing can fly forward.

AMS, yes, I get a free pack of $3 lollies when I spend over $300. Least they could do when I spend ~300-500 there a week.