SAU Community

Clicking Sound From Dashboard - R33 Ii

i dont know if anyone knows of this but if you set the mode to feet/face or feet only aswell (i think). the clicking stops - a temp fix for those who cant be bothered ripping out the dash but the clicking still annoys you :)

• 2 months later...

this has been happening in my gtr33 for as long as ive had the car (about 9 months) an it hasnt got any worse an it doesnt really annoy me anymore lol i just get ppl who get in my car asking "wat the hell is that noise?" haha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...

hi all,

firstly..., no dash removal nessesary.

i have an r33 gtst, currently searching the net for replacement heater actuators (and the lack of).

ive come across this forum and found alot of the same problem. the following steps to remove...... as follows

#1- REMOVE GLOVE BOX AND UPPER GLOVE BOX COVER.

#2- FROM LEFT TO RIGHT, THE ENTIRE HEATER BOX UNDER THE DASH IS SEGRIGATED IN (THREE PARTS). HEATER FAN/ A/C EVAPORATER/ HEATER BOX...

#3- UNDO BOLTS THAT HOLD THE CENTER A/C BOX, (THIS YOU CAN SEE ONCE YOU TAKE OUT THE GLOVE BOX AND UPPER COVER) (ALSO IF YOU CANT SEE IT IT IS LOCATED BETWEEN THE HEATER BLOWER MOTOR) (WHICH IS TO THE LEFT OF THE WHOLE HEATER ASSY) (AND THE HEATER BOX TO THE RIGHT)

#4- YOU CANNOT REMOVE THE CENTER CARTRIGE COMPLETLY (UNLESS YOU DEGAS THE AC SYSTEM AND REMOVE THE AC LINES LOCATED IN THE ENGINE BAY ON THE FIREWALL) SOO.....

#5- LIGHTLY MOVE THE CENTER CARTRIGE AROUND UNTILL IT DEPARTS FROM THE MOTHERSHIP (THUS GIVEING YOU ROOM TO GET YOU ARM/HAND TO THE TROUBLED HEATER ACTUATOR) (ALSO REMOVE ELECTRICAL PLUGS TO COMPONENTS ON THAT SECTION FOR A BIT MORE SPACE).

#6- ONTOP OF THE HEATER BOX (TO THE RIGHT OF THE CENTER CARTRIGE) IS THE CLICKY MONSTER, PUT YOUR HAND UP THERE AND GET A M8 TO TURN THE KEY FROM OFF TO ON ( A/C MODULE ON ALSO) IT REALLY SHOULDNT TAKE MORE THAN ONE ATTEMPT TO FIND THE CLICKEY MONSTER.

#7- GRAB A 8MM RING SPANNER AND GO BY FEEL, (U CANNOT HAVE YOUR HEAD AND SPANNER IN THERE AT THE SAME TIME)

#8- THE LITTLE ACTUATOR IS BOLTED FROM THE TOP BY 2X 8MM (HEAD) BOLTS. AND ONCE THEY ARE REMOVED, JUST PULL IT OFF.

#9- JUMP ON THE INTERNET AND TRY AND FIND THE LITTLE F%%$$#$, ALONG WITH ALL THE OTHER ONES :)

BY THE WAY I HOPE THIS HELPS AS FRUSTRATING AS IT IS TO FIND PARTS FOR THE BEST CAR EVER MADE!! (WITHOUT BUYING THE WHOLE HEATER ASSY)
:

I had a constant clicking noise via air conduit flaps and propeller (on a BCNR33).

A quick fix by my panelbeater friend involved 3 steps.

1) Open up air intake option (ie don't have recirculation operating)

2) Spray high quality silicone down each vent through its thin stalk

3) Turn vacuum cleaner to blow mode (if available); but a compressor hose will do the same.

My clicking stopped for over a year > repeated the process before I sold the car

• 2 years later...

Hi,

This thread helped me a bit so I thought to help you guys too.

Once you have removed the clicking box (I removed it without pulling the whole dash) it should look something like this.20170401_201317.thumb.jpg.eca825bb9cf7676a0a4614ab1d94619b.jpg

Theres small clips around that box. Try to open it carefully. I broke all of those and just glued it back together.

When you get it opened you should see this.20170401_201356.thumb.jpg.9ea6ecffb3a75bae075463884e9cd703.jpg

As you can see theres couple teeth missing from gears that are on the part with that arm.20170401_201407.thumb.jpg.6c12bbee7a6dcc41d5eb32e145bbe128.jpg

Next step you have to remove that bigger gear from the arm. Dont try to separate that gear from the axel, those are solid. 

I used tip of a knife to pry out some plastic inside that arm. I think you could also use a drill or something.20170401_201424.thumb.jpg.eedd21f717d24149f1143fa64226e4a8.jpg

Then I just used bended needle nose pliers to pop that arm off.20170401_201435.thumb.jpg.0405c7e2fda4fb482d0de21746203c73.jpg

Now we can aling those broken gears so that those broken parts will never touch other gears.20170401_201522.thumb.jpg.59f54d08b74a4d4c7d655367f3ec1b5e.jpg

Next I just used super glue to put that arm back. Remember to check that the smaller gear is working with whole movement of that arm. I think it has to be spot on so that broken part is not used.

Grease everything up and then put that arm on the same position where it was when you took it out so it wont grind gears next time you change ac mode.

Be careful not changing smaller gear position when closing that box.

Put all back together and enjoy no clicking sound and working ac modes.

- Jussi