SAU Community

T.v Upgrade M35

Ben Henry

joying ? By any chance

Yes it is. :). Only complaint is the radio audio quality is average. But I steam internet radio instead. That sound quality is extremely good. You also need a pac nis02 bose adaptor to get rid of the hiss.

I would get a unit with second zone video out to feed to the OEM screen with HKS OBD LINK Or Hobdrive data.

Matt

Hey everyone, is there a pin out for the rear of the TV Tuner or anyone able to tell me which plug is for what? I would say the grey one is power and the RCAs are obviously Sound (picture too)? I'm gonna guess the grey, green, black and red near each other are possibly the aerial? I may be wrong on some of that but still not sure what the rest are if I am right, any help would be great.

Cheers

black coax are diversity antenna's

Red will be right audio in

White will be left audio in

The other plug on the green wire will be video

The shield / braid of both the audio wires (red & white) are connected together. The shield of the video (yellow) is on a separate pin.

This is the layout of the white socket on your tuner:

1________6

2__3__4__5

1 - audio right (red - inner conductor)
2 - audio left (white - inner conductor)
3 - audio ground (shield of both red & white above)
4.- video (yellow - inner conductor)
5 - not used
6 - video shield (yellow - outer sheild)

Thanks. So the RCAs are in not out, hmmm wonder what's going in? Possibly the DVD player in the small section above the glove box? I thought the DVD player would link straight into the back of the pop up screen? Also what's the White plug above the grey power plug/cable? Anyone know how many amps it uses? I know it's 12V not sure on Amps. Thanks!

dvd player is gps nav only.

the plug with the red/white av leads is aux on the factory radio and VTR on pop up screen.

you must have an aftermarket device fitted looking at those connections.

only some models came with reverse camera.

Edited by conan7772

dvd player is gps nav only.

the plug with the red/white av leads is aux on the factory radio and VTR on pop up screen.

you must have an aftermarket device fitted looking at those connections.

only some models came with reverse camera.

Yea the aftermarket device is the DVD player above the glove box, someone has ripped out the factory one and installed a DVD player which works perfectly (sound and picture). When I change to TV/DVD the factory head unit automatically changed to AUX, now I'be got an aftermarket head deck and need to look at changing around some wiring/cables/plugs etc. Also looking at ditching the stock TV tuner in favour of something more modern and powerful.

The signal has to be in Xanavi language.

You'll lose all the functions of the pop up display.

Unless you start from scratch: New tuner, new head unit, new lcd screen.

How is the video and sound input to the screen/stereo? RCA/s in the rear of the LCD?

I want to keep all the trip computer stats/ fuel economy features etc on the factory screen.

Thought about a new head unit, quite a few people crack the fascias pulling it all out.

If you've got good sound and picture through your dvd, you're laughing.

I think the factory head unit sounds pretty clean.

My days of 4 channel amps and 10 inch subs are over.

I've changed the factory head unit, working on fixing the sound from the DVD as the plug is an 8 pin mini din, which I need to convert to an aux/3.5mm headphone. Other than that the DVD is good it's an old aftermarket unit but that's fine