SAU Community

34gtr Rims On R33 Gtst

Mr_G

Searched, coudlnt find much but i want to add 34gtr rims to my 33gtst.

Ive already had the front lipped back.

Basically the furthest ive gone was 18x8.5+30 which filled nicely... Im adding another .5inch on the front, with the same size rubber, ie 235/40...

My question...

Scrub issues, what can I expect? Can I expect no scrub issues like I did with my 18x8.5+30, or some scrub issues?

Bear in mind, my car is quite low, and I like it that way, and no way am I turning up the height!!!

Any info would be nice if someone has done it before

Regards

Jason

Ok so i went to try some bnr34 wheels on my gtst today... My gtst has the gaurds lipped back, aswell as adjustable castor bushes with the most castor possibl dialed in..

Running a 235/40/18r rubber, and my car is FARRRKING low, slight scrub full lock going into a ditch shaped driveway, ie worst case scenario...

Driving normally, hard locks etc, no scrub...

I will post pics tomorro when I do some in the daytime.. Till then, my reporting is that bnr34 wheels are the bomb!

That looks awesome mate! I always wanted to put R34 GTR rims on my Series 2, but wasn't sure if they would fit! My car is also lowered but I don't think it is as low as yours! May reconsider rims for my car :(

Congrats on the wheels and the overall look of the car!

Thanks for the comments... the rear runs 235 but thats what came with the rims, therefore ill be slapping on some 265 as there is still abit of room in the rear...

But ya, my car sits low, and i prob want it lower in the front a tad more which ill do this week. Still no scrub issues after driving 3 days on them and definately great wheels.

However if you wish to do these rims on your ride, you must lip back the front gaurds and possibly dial in some more castor by using castor rods that are adjustable, or adjustable castor bushes as I have the bushes and dialed in the most possible.

Here is a few more dodgy pics

post-8103-1136616679.jpg

post-8103-1136616743.jpg

Nah, i mean castor cause when the wheel pushes in the gaurd on full lock going up driveways, that helps heaps :mellow: I dont have a scale, sorry... hehe, it sounds stupid but really i dont!!!

post-8103-1136809717.jpg

Edited by Mr_G

Hey mate, that photo was taken at a friends house, and he has a white 33 with a similar kit, but white AV6 Model 6 rims in 18inch...

hehe, so only one gtst... BNR34 wheels are quite yum :P they grow on you and stick out nicely from the gaurds, not to overdone, but just nice :P

No dramas what so ever on full lock... It runs tein HA coilovers, but the backs are wound down all the way and I drive like that all the time... The fronts are wound down abit, but the front of the bar is approx 10cm off the ground, its either 10 or 11cm from the front of the front bar... I like it low tho ;) I want the back bit lower, but need to get coilovers that go lower :(