SAU Community

Parts Quality

Hi. ..I am a Skyline owner from the UK. I am looking to upgrade my car by buying parts from Australian companys as they all seem cheaper than the UK. I have noticed a lot of cheap parts over here but was a little concerned about the quality of some of the Parts. IE Monsta Turbo's, Manifolds, Elbows. etc. Can you guys give us an idea of which companys to steer clear of. :)

Is it really going to work out cheaper once you ship it to the UK. I can't imagine your government will let you import the parts without paying some form of tax either. I'd check that out if I were you. International shipping on large/heavy items isn't cheap mate.

Is it really going to work out cheaper once you ship it to the UK. I can't imagine your government will let you import the parts without paying some form of tax either. I'd check that out if I were you. International shipping on large/heavy items isn't cheap mate.

I thought about the tax issue's . But i have seen Turbo's for around 600-800 Aus dollers advertised on here .

(http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/index.php?)showtopic=99957&hl=turbo.

and Monsta performance on Ebay

That is cheap even with import duty & Tax providing the quality of the item is ok & the turbo can do the job i want it to do i would be interested in buy them. In the UK we are starting to get cheap chinese ( some of poor quality) turbo's,manifolds,Fmic, etc coming from the USA via Ebay( XS Power, SS Autochrome) So i did not want to buy one of them from Aus. :)

Monsta performance on Ebay

I would personally stay clear from MOnsta Performance on EBAY,

Just a bad experience thats alll,

Bought a SHORT shifter for my car,

when fitted, it wasnt short, same size as the factory and when fitted, its 5 times harder to put in gear, Now i got a left hand bigger then me right hand. LOL :P

Cheers,

I would personally stay clear from MOnsta Performance on EBAY,

Just a bad experience thats alll,

Bought a SHORT shifter for my car,

when fitted, it wasnt short, same size as the factory and when fitted, its 5 times harder to put in gear,  Now i got a left hand bigger then me right hand. LOL :P

Cheers,

I suppose you get what you pay for . You guys seem to have more choice than we do in the UK which probably keeps the price down a little. Although the internet is helping us source cheaper parts but you still have to be wary of cheap & fake parts. I have been looking for turbo & injector upgrades for a while and was looking for something to bolt straight on to my R33 gtst :P

I suppose you get what you pay for . You guys seem to have more choice than we do in the UK which probably keeps the price down a little. Although the internet is helping us source cheaper parts but you still have to be wary of cheap & fake parts. I have been looking for turbo & injector upgrades for a while and was looking for something to bolt straight on to my R33 gtst  :P

Yea, I got wat i paid for,

hehe,

But no more,

I rather get something Good quality for me car,

just hate it when u spend money on it and it stuff up more,

just not FUNNY.

Some on ebay are pretty GOOD,

I got my clutch there and other parts, from USA and it works great, cheap.

once in a while u get done by them i guess,