SAU Community

J - Spec Importers

koleka

Hey people and mods ;) ive noticed a few J - Spec importers sigs, im guessing you guys either own or work for them.

I noticed J - Spec wernt redicolously expensive, so i just wanted to ask what they where like? i noticed compliance fees wernt included and what other fees would there be.

you can pm me if you like.

thanks people

Hey Dude,

J-Spec sig would be Shan. He works for J Spec. I imported my Stagea through them - couldnt fault them at all. If you want to look at a more complete cost etc. Check out there webiste - www.j-spec.com.au and have a look at the mailing list and the cost calculator. Should help you find out all the other little fees. You will find most of the prices in the Mailing list include complaince, the only ones that dont would be either race/rally imports or 1988 or older cars. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers,

Chris

I have imported 2 cars through J-Spec and haven't had a problem with J-Spec themselves, but i was not impressed with the shipping company they use delivering my skyline to me with a broken window. J-Spec gave me the info i needed to file an insurance claim though.

Hey people and mods :P ive noticed a few J - Spec importers sigs, im guessing you guys either own or work for them.

Yeah I work for em as the IT person (basically coding/maintaining the website/auction databases and the internal network in the offices)... so I won't be the one you talk to when you call us.

I noticed J - Spec wernt redicolously expensive, so i just wanted to ask what they where like? i noticed compliance fees wernt included and what other fees would there be.

Compliance fees are included in all SEVS cars, as SEVS compliance is done to a national standard.

Compliance fees aren't included in 1988 and older vehices (and some 15 year old cars with import approvals) as they're done to a state standard. For example, seatbelts don't have to be changed in VIC for A31 cefiros for compliance, but in NSW its mandatory. This creates a large variance in compliance costs, so its easier to supply the cost to the customer when they contact us. Also some of our customers (mechanics, panel beaters etc) do part of the compliance themselves, so they only pay for it to be engineered.

As for fees, there's a $1000 J-Spec fee, and all other costs are as they are incurred with invoices and reciepts for each step of the way.

allow me to field this 1 lol

won my auction october 15th.

unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it ) there was a 3-4 week wait for the boat....but thats still not that long...then 2 weeks on the boat, which landed in QLD (im in melb, you can choose a boat that lands in melb if u wanted) it was up there for a bit clearing quarantine etc....then there was a slight delay with the transport company getting it here, so that was another 2 weeks....once it got to melb, it was taken to compliance workshop straight away where it still is, but they were closed for christmas, so take that out of it, and it will be on the road in under 3 months. if the boat was leaving closer to the auction date, you could have it in a month and a half- 2 months :wub: