SAU Community

Need Help, I Think I Just Broke My Bov

damono

Stupid me, while I was changing my spark plugs, I pulled the intake pipes off and it wouldnt budge. I didnt see the small tube connected to the back of my BOV was still connected and it busted off.

Can get it replaced, or is it a case of buying a new BOV. If so.. does anyone have one cheap (std or aftermarket.as I need it asap cos I was supposed to be heading down the drags this wednesday for the first time with SAUWA :D

Here's some pics of what I mean.

post-10683-1136691686.jpgpost-10683-1136691719.jpg

Also.. will the car run without this tube connected, forgive my ignorance.

Cheers,

Damo

That vaccume hose is pretty important for ur rpm to be stable. with the hose not connected, you'll notice everytime you clutch in and hold it when you change gear, the rpm may drop to zero and the engine may stall, till you clutch out and the engine will spring back to life. Your idle should still be fine. If you need a plumb back, try a wrecker or something, wouldn't be ex i should think.

ive got a knock off copy greddy type r, i had it on the car one day as i couldnt be bothered playin around with it as it came with 2 springs and i didnt like the sound so i stayed with the ssq.. you can have it and if ya get it working stable maybe a carton of beer :P im in high wycombe though,

Cheers anyways guys but im in the process of getting one off ebay, just gotta wait for postage from eastern states. For the mean time ive borrowed a Blitz BOV from a mates GTR which is sidelined with a rooted engine. Cheers Serg :P

One thing though... is it just me.. or does the Blitz BOV sound like a video game. My old HKS sounded like a woosh sound, this blitz sounds like a sound effect, does the job though.