SAU Community

EC skid pan

fatz

just did a full day on EC's new skidpan

awsome suff just some motakana shit( need a new set of rear tyres now though, vids up soon.

only cost 20 bux and was a full days entertainment.... i highly recomend

lots of wrx out there

dont worry i did the dato's proud

i found out that it is possible to light the rears and drift for over 50 seconds around a motorkana course, the slalome is hard to drift (had all the hyundi wrx boys jelouse cause they dont know what drifting is (poor 4wd dicks))

but its definately not the quickest way around the track thats for sure (but the most fun)

maybe we should have a club day there

motorkhana - Motorkhanas are motor sport events designed to test the acceleration, braking and handling of cars and the skill and judgement of drivers. Most importantly, motorkhanas provide fun and enjoyment whilst practising and learning car control. Oversteer and understeer will be found in abundance, but at safe speeds under controlled conditions.

The new skid pan is just to your right as you drive out of tunnel coming into EC pits. It's fantastic. Very smooth-my tyres are in pretty good shape considering the skid pan was dry for most of the day. The watering system works pretty good too, but they only turned it on for about 1/2 hour.

It's official Pete-you are a nutcase. I was waiting for you to pop both rear tyres summernats style. A great display of drifting and you certainly deserved the applause.

You can now add the NSW WRX Club and the Renault Car Club to the list of people who think you are crazy.

If you think WRXs can't slide you obviously weren't watching Nandor going off!

Bloody good fun and I'm definitely going to do it again. I might get onto an Aaron McGill skid pan day. Apparently his courses are more open and he actually wets the skid pan down.

A great day had by all-I was still buzzing when I got home!

Originally posted by Bonkers

fatz has been with-holding information.  

I say we should band together as a club and make him drink a penalty!!

WHAT! reward him? How about tie him up and we sit around him and guzzle some beer. torture him for not sharing and caring for us.

vids r up girl

http://www.cs-technologies.com.au/kero/videos.htm

top vid takes a while to download

also i would like to note that the course in the vid was being done in 18 secs by people being serious, now i did it in 35 second but had about 400000000000 times as much fun as the serious people

it was advertised in the sunherald so its all your fault that you didnt cumm lol

anyway i would have got lest track time if you came suckers

pete

Pete I did that course in 18 sec (and went straight through the finish garage-oops) but who says I wasn't having fun? Nailing those handbrake turns and then dumping the clutch into a 4 wheel slide is one of the best moments I've ever had in a car. And that includes drifting in the wet in my old XR6.

Aaron McGill runs the wet skid pan days that don't use CAMS motorkhana courses (the CAMS courses are usually 1st gear only and very tight). Aaron's days are slipperier and faster from what I've been told. Felafel, I'll tell fatz to post something next time one is coming up.

Ben