SAU Community

R33 GTS-T Squeaky belts

Guest DFLASH

anyone know how to fix this problem?

I get it everytime after the car hasn't been running for awhile.. mainly in the mornings..

have tried tightening belts and spraying the stuff to stop it squeeling, but it still happens...

not sure what it is.. sometimes i spray that anti-squeak stuff on the fan belts and it works for a day or two.. then squeels again.. pretty damn annoying since i start the car at 5am to goto work and wake up the whole neighbourhood :D

also need to get rid of the sound as im selling the car and can't have a screamin skyline whenever u start it

well i had a new engine put in.. and new belts... it squeaked a few days after it came out of the workshop.. this was about 6 months ago... ive been living with it.. but now I gotta sell my baby so I gotta get rid of the problem

I myself had new belts fitted that squeeled, then had them retentioned that fixed it for a couple of weeks...now same problem. my guess that the belts have some strech which can take a couple of goes to take up..everyone using genuine belts ??

Me too...

Sh1ts me to no end, and I'm sure the neighbours are getting a little annoyed. Tried tightening them but still squeals like a biatch. I'm sure they are the original factory belts so it might be time to replace them. Might try an old pair of pantyhose instead.

Z.

Zane: let me know how it goes, I haven't replaced mine only cause they are 'supposed' to be new when my engine was replaced, but if that fixes your problem then I guess I'll have to change them too. So much for that $5 anti-squeak spray.. works for a day or two.. .can't keep spraying it everyday!