SAU Community

Rb30e Vs L24e

I currently am running a L24e engine i am considering a rb30e engine but am Looking for something that will willenly REV high which one of these engines Is easyer to make this Possible and if the L24e is the answer any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

If there are any other simple Not to Heavy Atmo engine combo's To fit to the R30 skyline im very interested.

p.s. whats with the Manifold and Plenum being on the same side with the L24 its f**kn ugly!

As they say in the classics - Cubic Inches Count.

The RB30E would certainly give more torque, but probably doesn't rev really well, being a SOHC engine.

They can be transformed with a RB25 head, but it's a lot of stuffing around.

My personal choice would be a RB25DE. The DOHC lets it breath well, and will probably rev to 8k.

ide fit a rb20det ot rb20det nics motor its rev happy but down on power so it will still be a nice ride

i have a mate who took out a l26 outta 240 z car to fit my old rb25de vct and its goes a treat but they breath fark all with out zorst mods etc and dont see much above 110 rwkw with out some major cash spendage

the same mate with the z car hes brother baught the r30 hatch i had that i fitted a rb20det red top nics moror from a hr31

but that car isnt going but the motor fits like a glove

Edited by frogstomp_R31

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• Does anyone have issues with their reservoir bottle leaking?? Mine I swear is always leaking from the cap, I realised there is no gasket, are they supposed to have one?
    • Cheers, It must be close enough coz I can’t even tell where u painted. Did u do the whole top of the strut tower or just a patch somewhere? 
    • Hey all. Looking for all of the carpeted trunk trim for my 95 GTST coupe. I’m having a hard time finding the pieces I need on US or Japanese sites/auctions and was hoping someone has a clean set stashed away somewhere?
    • New aerial is aerialing well....trips into Goulburn are not losing the ABC classic radio signal Also......I've been procrastinating about wheels for the MX5, the car doesn't need any more tyre, I just "want" different wheels, so I went looking for something that legally fits the new Pilot Sports +1 size 215/45 17 that I'm currently running on the 17x7 OEM wheels (stock size is 205/45 17), not a silver, and not a black, ended up with gloss bronze Konig Dekagrams in 17x8 +40 which fit without the need for rolling the guards, whilst larger than the OEM wheels they are also lighter than the OEM wheels, and at just under $1300 for the set I'm more than happy with the price I seen a set of matt black Deka's on a MX5 when I was at MX5 Mania, same wheel size, same tyre size, sat really nice, and not stretched enough to look aids, although the 215/45 17 is the smallest that you can legally fit Just need to find some good black wheel nuts to suit
    • So I decided that I wasn't happy with how I originally wrapped the loom with fleece tape. I didn't factor in the new intake manifold/plenum so it always sat a bit funny. Yep, I decided to unwrap it and redo how the wires would branch out. Added in a light twist too, here's hoping I didn't snap any 30 year old wiring because FML if I did. Took a few more photos of the shit box too, needed it for Enthusiast Insurance as they wanted photos to justify why my agreed value was above market by a fair amount.