SAU Community

Modding The Type M R33 Front Bar

nsta

Hey guys id like to get my type m front bar looking like the one in the picture below, what precautions do i have to take, or how should i tell the panelbeater to get it to what i want???

its a stock type m series 1 r33 front bar, i want the middle cut out, i heard that some parts will show cuts through it, and needs plastic welding back on.

most importantly, how much should i be charged for such a job, inc respray???

thanks in reply

p.s, big ups to the dude that got his looking so mint:)

post-6529-1137450092.jpg

Edited by nsta

cool, so the plastic welder will cut and smooth the plastic, thanks for that, no how much do they tend to charge for such a job?

not too sure, as al or babia on the forums as they have both had their front bars plastic welded (al's is the car you posted)...

be careful when doing this, apparently there is a bar support behind the bit in which you wanna cut off. I've been told when i hit my panel beater up to do this that you have to refabricate a new support.

maybe i need to find a new panel beater....cause i want the same effect

"be careful when doing this, apparently there is a bar support behind the bit in which you wanna cut off. I've been told when i hit my panel beater up to do this that you have to refabricate a new support.

maybe i need to find a new panel beater....cause i want the same effect"

can anyone whos done it confirm this to me???