SAU Community

R32 Gtr - Ecu Speed Cut

Quick question, as I have a track night this Friday and want to disable the 180kmh speed limiter before hand.

From Searching I have found that it is wire 53 from the ECU, and to cut the wire close to ECU, but all of the topics from the search were for R32 GTST's or R33's.

My Question is: Is wire 53 the one to cut on a 32 GTR?

Any other advise appriciated

Cheers

Lindsay

my speedo cable end snapped and my speedo didnt work and this really messed with my hicas on my R32 gts-t. not sure if it will be the same of the gtr.

but it made my steering really heavy after about 5 mins of driving and the hicas did not work properly.

if this is the case for the gtr too, you might be able to go a bit faster on straights, but id say your conrnering speeds wont be up to par

http://www.plxdevices.com/ecudatabase.htm

Have a look down the page a bit for the last nissan one.

Hope it helps.

Though just be careful not sure if cutting this wire will mess with your hicas or not.

Thanks mate...just what I was looking for :)

I will wire it so as it is switchable as being a speed sensor im guessing it will mess with the HICAS.

my speedo cable end snapped and my speedo didnt work and this really messed with my hicas on my R32 gts-t. not sure if it will be the same of the gtr.

but it made my steering really heavy after about 5 mins of driving and the hicas did not work properly.

if this is the case for the gtr too, you might be able to go a bit faster on straights, but id say your conrnering speeds wont be up to par

Yeah the exact same thing happened to me aswell.

Ok I found and cut the wire which was a very easy job thx Reddrifter for the link below :D

I have just done over 70kms+ in the car, it now surpass's 180kmh with ease, Idle is uneffected, I have started and stopped the car - no problems.

Took car around a new housing estate swerving vigously to activate the HICAS and driving pretty hard, yet No Hicas Light or adverse steering effects at all.

Nothing infact, car appears to be totally uneffected :D

Heres a few pics for anyone attempting it in future which along with the link below should help you.

I will be sure to post if something happens to go wrong, but for now i'm not even bothering with rigging up a switch.

IMGP2332.JPG

IMGP2334.JPG

yeah, factory flare... you'll see the little holders on the kicker panel in front of the ecu for it :P dunno if mine was still in the car or not to be honest... always wanted to set it off lol!!!

salad / Red Drifter : don't know if you're aware but when the speedo cable isn't working properly the HICAS won't work etc.