SAU Community

F-con V Info (not Pro)

momo

looking to buy an f-conv (not pro). im in Japan at the moment but i cant find anything about them. the guy who is selling it says its easy to tune but i dont know if it needs software(like the pro) or what the perameters are or what functions it has. its cheap and it is pre programed for my gts4 so im really keen to find out

more. it comes with a book which i shouldnt have any troubles getting translated, but soft ware? hand set? minimal japanese cant ask these questions!

any help apreciated.

I the situation that you install in in an R33 or R34, I believe it operates as a piggyback computer. The tune can vary plus or minus 7 percent (stock ecu variation) and is therefore a waste of money and time, may as well have one of those shitty safc's in there... That said it will modify ignition timing but as I said it will vary due to the stock ecu making variations.

-rb25

hey all,

I've got one of these pfc f-con thingys to which i bought a while back, all these things are a bit confusing as ppl keep thinking its a power fc which bought, well all mine says on the cover is pfc f-con and says it is a programmed fuel computer system, there doesnt seem to be anything where a hand controller can be pluged into, its is a piggy back computer. Does this computer simply over ride the factory pre set fuel map and compensate accordingly to modifications made to the engine such as afm enlargement?

F Con V has extremely limited support in Australia. There are only two or three tuners I know of in Australia for it (CRD, BD4s).

For that reason alone I'd go something that is accessible by most tuners (eg SAFC, PFC with handcontroller, etc)

,24 Jan 2006, 09:05 PM]so is the pfc f-con programmable or is it pre programmed? as i said , there is no where for a controller or lap top to plug into, does it need to be pulled apart

The Pfc f-con is before the f-conv. you can get a thing called a HKS gcc to plug into it to further control fuel over the rev range. Stick HKS gcc in a google search. From what i understand of this one (the pfc) it blocks a few unwanted signals from the standard computer and increases fuel plus changes timing for increased boost specifically programed for that model of car. the gcc gives an element of customisation but is not so difficult to use, dont know where it plugs into but they are advetised a bit. if you have a a\f meter and understand how a computer works you can do teh fine tune yourself it a general interpolated ajustment to teh fuel curve between seven points on the rev range simular to the fuel ajustment function on the preprogramed microtech, but with more interpolation, some people only spin second and third hand info (not helpful guys!). saw some sites where rally cars were using them and were impressed. They are also still popular here in japan.

Still cant find info on the f-con v ! (not pro!!!)

Edited by momo