SAU Community

Ida Drift Day Next Weekend

someonestolecc

As some of you guys know I purchased my cefiro with the intention of drifting it. A year+ later I still hadn't got it 100% where I would have liked it to be. IMO it's still missing some gauges and an oil cooler (which I sold when I decided to sell the car).

A couple of days ago I took a deposit and it will be sold within 10 days or so...

Cut a long story short this Saturday will be my first and last time drifting the cefiro on the track.

SO WHO'S COMING TO REPRESENT CEFIRO POWER?

http://www.initialdrift.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?p=61102

Post up! (basketcase im especially looking in your direction)

Nice work Tom on getting the car sold!! :(

Would love to bring the Ceffie along but unless someone has some spare front suspension or a lazy $1.5K lying around to give me the front passanger guard will be obliterated......

Might actually come along and watch thou!! Give us a buzz Tom with the finer details and i might head down with u!!

Ando

too much boost - Mate nothing hit at all....just think the aftermarket suspension has had its day...... Tom (someonestolecc) & I had a good look into the problem and had NFI why it aint working.....its got some wierd setting device on the top of it with a little black thingy :P that can be turned to 1 2 3 or Z.......NFI.....

Coilovers to go in soon

Ando

My car is still on stands in my front yard, I have been doing some drivetrain work and rear suspension work whilst I had it on stands to replace a snapped driveshaft.

I have to work tomorrow until 2 pm otherwise I'd be out sliding, so after 2 I'll put it back together and get it off the stands but it might be a bit late by then... we'll see what happens

I love seenin the ceffie representation at dori days, theres been a few of late but I haven't slid in a while due to lack of cashola and time off work.

well im taking mine out saturday week- clutch is dead as a doorknob (thanks to my good mate) :D

getting heavy mofo clutch fitted this week and rest of my cage put in- if yourw isnt picked up by next saturday come down and ill join you for some cefie team drifting

Yeah i know! So f'ing pissed about the shitola getting my ceffie up and running! Just wanna get out there! Next month hopefully!

BTW where did pplz get their helmets from??? I need to get one and dont wanna spend $$$$ on getting a new one as they as way to pricy for my budget :)

I got my helmet from Cashies, not a scratch on it, cost $60.

It has to be the Australian Standards approved, meaning having that lil sticker on it with the red ticks.

PS ORAN SOUTH IS SHIT HOT.

Its so fast, flatout, I love it.

Comeon Tom i wanna hear about the day MOFO!!!! post already :D

P.S. Did u buy a helmet or borrow one? I need one and if u bought urs and thinking about selling it let me know!!!! Minus the nits thou ;)

Hehe Ando.

I drove to Newcastle on thursday to pick up a helmet. Bought it from a big guy and it still smelt brand new and fitted on my fat head perfectly.

too_much_boost, being the gracious legend he is lent me some rims and tyres, as well as his jack, wheel nuts, petrol and he even bought me lunch on the day!!* It was the only reason I was able to go drift - he also helped me with my sway bar which had popped out and gave me the replacement bit.

All I had to do was perform sexual favours!! I outsourced that out to too_much_boost anyway so it turned out to be a great deal.**

So yeah the track thing was pretty easy.. 1-2 laps to get used to the track experience.. lap 3 started to do some power overs and by 4th lap I started sliding. By the middle of the day I had linked the first 3 or so corners and could do 100-120kmh entries. Still no handbrake/feint near the wall for me though, didn't want to crash.

Basically it's pretty straight forward, I was thinking I didn't want to get in anyone's way etc but it was all unfounded because we got plenty of track time and plenty of room. The only person who was indimidating there was some guy in the MFX sponsored white 180 with blue decals on the side - he overtook me at 200kmh+ on the straight, scaring the shit out of me (he did it really late near the corner). The next session he was behind me he decided to do a 150kmh+ entry while I was about to start sliding.. so if I had kept sliding he would have slid straight into me so I had to abort drifting and grip drive to get away.. I decided to grip the rest of the lap and he decided to stay on my tail the same as the experienced drivers who knew each other were doing. Pretty scary for me being new - all good though.

Other than that it consisted of scrutineering, lining up, getting waved into the track, drifitng a few laps, waiting for the checkered flag to come out, finishing the lap, driving back to the pits/carpark and lining up again or parking your car. Repeat.

As for my helmet it was a pretty nice helmet so I might keep it cos it'll be hard for me to find another helmet this quality, and I do expect to be out there again one day :(

I got some vids and some pics but I'll have to encode them and host em somewhere.. I have some incar too - I haven't figured out where just yet :huh:

One thing that annoyed me was my camera ran out of battery 1 lap before I started to pull the best runs of the day :\

Pics are as per the IDA thread - http://photobucket.com/albums/d16/Aeronpho...0Park%204-2-06/

and apparantly there'll be more on the IDA galleries as soon as they are uploaded.

Dave was there too he shredded it sick. Was going hard the whole day - even came with me on a tourist drive through the ghetto town of Cobbity.

* No, he didn't really buy me petrol or lunch but he did all the other stuff. So thanks Anthony you're a champ.

** What a man does in the sanctity of his own tyre shed is his own business :(

Well about bloody time Tom!!!! ehehehe thanks heaps for the write up man!! Appreciate it!

Once i get my ceffie to the track, if ur free ur more than welcome to jump in and im sure ill be happy to give u a slide!

Will be good to meet some fellow cefiro drifters....Basketcase and too_much_boost! Maybe even get some others down! YES i'm looking at u replicate :mellow: