SAU Community

Annoying Problem

STAGE-A

sometimes it feels like ive got the hand brake on when i take off n also noticable when im drivin as its jus not as reponsive yes ive checked n i never use it anywayz :D

ive got no idea what it is, been doin it since i bought it .. when i first turned up the boost it seemed to sort it self out and felt a lot more responsive n light but now its come back again, not sure if its jus the weight of the car and the awd (never owned a heavy or awd car) or theres a prob.

has anyone noticed this, is it normal? or have i got a problem?

Go and get it checked by a reliable workshop...let them have a drive, they should know what the problem is. Do it before you get caught out like I did... Or you will end up with a BIG hole in your bank account!

Go and get it checked by a reliable workshop...let them have a drive, they should know what the problem is. Do it before you get caught out like I did... Or you will end up with a BIG hole in your bank account!

yeah ive got the day off on Monday, i'll take it in n see what they say then post up what they find in case this can help anyone else later

Maybe even a blocked air filter or intercooler, ie full of crud. Might not be getting enough air? Take off the front bar, take off 'cooler & flush with kero/metho, check all pipes & clean air element.

Give it a run in lower boost & see how it feels (?).... dunno really.

OH OH OH and try spraying that electrical contact cleaner while reving it a but through the afm, that helped heaps on my old 33 just after I bought it, the afm must have been really dirty...?

last few days also when i jus start to drive it, it jus drops power then back on an off again in a second must look like im bunny hoppin it hahaha pretty funny in an auto .. dunno if this is related to the other part of the prob but tomorrow i'll drop the cooler and clean it out n also clean the AFM as suggested an see if these solve the prob.

Cheers guys n keep the suggestions rolling there all beneficial :P

last few days also when i jus start to drive it, it jus drops power then back on an off again in a second must look like im bunny hoppin it hahaha pretty funny in an auto .. dunno if this is related to the other part of the prob but tomorrow i'll drop the cooler and clean it out n also clean the AFM as suggested an see if these solve the prob.

Cheers guys n keep the suggestions rolling there all beneficial  :D

Kinda sounds like what I had...

Power would come in then out then in then out... Cept mine did it in all gears :(

I get an odd problems. Ok, well i get two problems.

I replaced my plugs ~5000km ago, i get mis fires sometimes at ~5000RPM. They are BCPRS7-ES i think, at 0.8mm, but they will be replaced soon.

Also, in like 2nd gear, i get smooth acceleration and then suddenly i get a cut out kinda like i am changing gears but i am not, then power is back smooth again.

Also, does anyone get diff clunk here?? I get clunking from my diff when i do a uturn, or when i am pulling up to park on the side of a road, or when doing a tight turn.... whats up with that? It isnt LSD i know for sure.

hmmm... well maybe a bit premature but just bought a new turbo :) i know u guys are gonna gimme sh!t for it, but bought a T04e of ebay cheap cheap ($372.50) brand new internal wastegate

so now jus gotta try n figure out how to replace it ..

Just read a post on removing the turbo from an R33 anyone else here done it before?