SAU Community

Tailgater

Whiplash

IT IS TRUE, law is that if you stop for a cat on the road (or any SMALL animal), to avoid hitting it, and you get involved in an accident, its your fault.

c'mon ... I specifically asked for references. :)

I know it's 'common sense' that you don't swerve to avoid hitting small animals, but as I mentioned where do you draw the line? What about a herd of geese, or a lamb. Would a tiger or leapord be classified as a cat? This sort of thing is too ambiguous to be a set in stone law.

Anyway I'll believe it when you find me a 'law' regarding it ;)

edit: here are the SA road rules for your convenience - just quote the part which states it :)

http://www.parliament.sa.gov.au/Catalog/le...1999.219.un.htm

Edited by platinum

Well well well he drove a hilux ha, what do you expect from a wanka in a 4wd,ALL 4x4 drivers are tossers, if its not a commie tailgateing you its a 4x4 wankas think they own the road, don't worry about it dude just remember you drive a skyline stuff what every1 else thinks our cars are sex on wheels and all other drivers HATE us. thyre just jealous they dont have 1.

• 2 weeks later...

You guys dont know how lucky you are. EVERY time I go for a drive here i get tailgated. I live on a one way road that runs along a river bank.very narrow ,houses are very close to the road and theres a kindergarten too.speed limits 30 but everyone does 50 or 60. I drive at 30 and get assholes sitting so close to me i cant see their number plate or headlights. trying to work out how to modify my rear window spray to shoot backwards instead of downwards

I had some tailgate me for no reason on Windsor grove klemzig. I was sitting on 50, he woulgnt pass and when i got to n/east rd i thought im goning to sit in the middle of the lane because i needed o turn right. The bastard went up the kerb to pull up beside me, and when i looked at him and thought whats your problem, he was out of his car and coming at me. he managed to kick my r/hand rear quarter panel as i drove of into head on traffic {2 lanes} as it wasnt clear to turn right into that traffic. he pissed of back into his car and drove off to the left. i spun around to face the right way and thought f/u bastard you arent going to get away with this so speed up to get his number plate. the b.....d realized what i was trying to get his number plate so locked it up and came reversing back at me in both lanes so i pulled to the right got his number plate and hung a u turn. what do you know. the plate was stolen ! lucky insurance paid half ! now thats road rage