SAU Community

Stagea & Families

Tangles

needed to shift house 1600 kms (baggaeg space), needed a new car, and budget was 12k...

try and find another car under 100K with the same features for the same price (not going to happen)...then add the fact that it is the sexiest wagon ever, and it goes!....

damn easiest decision of my life...

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll be getting a Stagea now (Yep, I am sold, coupe is overrated) because I will probably have more than one dog within a year or two and being Huskies they won't be small. They come with me everywhere as I like to go bush walking in the forests and reserves around here and I take him (one right now) with me everywhere and its a bitch getting him in my sisters Lancer.

I also go camping alot and I intend to start up sailing again soon and will need the boot space.

Plus, its just practical as hell.

• 6 months later...
Well, I thought I'd dig this thread out of the grave as I have just had a new addition to my family.

His name is Rohan, and he's a little trooper.

Fantastic!

Wife wanted a car with more space for pram, shopping dog etc. I told her there are only 2 wagons I would consider buying, a Legacy or Stagea. A legacy was over our budget so the Stage it was. Haven't got it yet (next week now) but i'm thinking even if i had a choice of the 2 with no money involved i would still pick the stagea!

Well, I thought I'd dig this thread out of the grave as I have just had a new addition to my family.

CONGRATULATIONS !!! he is one little cutie :cheers: Hope mum is well :D and again Congrats...

*clucky clucky*

Had an R32 Gtst, had my fun in it until i couldnt cart around anyone with comfort

i have always loved wagons, especially stageas, and when the right one came up, i snapped it up.

its a cruiser, it has leather, it has dual sunroofs (my 6 yr old sister calls it "hers" lol)

i can put practically anything in it, and no one complains about rear room.

eventually, i will tow with it.

im in love with my car again :cheers:

man thats awesome news.

my sincerest congratulations to yourself and partner, and your relatives.

My old man bought mine as a daily driver to replace the turbocharged xtrail we built for him. He had all the work done to mine. It was for him to go to his hobby farm in, and be able to carry machinery, and other bits and pieces, as well as his wife and 10y.o.

Unfortunately, he crashed and burned (literally), and I bought the stagea out of his estate - 500+hp for $22k...... how could I resist? I have no kids/dogs, and my girlfriend has her own car, so it's usually just me - I just love the style. Besides, the cops don't hassle me like they do in the Supra, and nobody ever suspects the 'Volvo'....

My youngest son turned up from Qld with a Dakar GTIR pocket rocket & a bundle of HPI magazines with shiny bits on every page. discovered Stagea wagons & having had wagons in the past sorta got interested, with some help from youngest son. To cut a long story short I got brain washed & have been poor ever since. Also, I have noticed that everything in the back of the wagon needs to be strapped down for some reason else it keeps doing laps in the back freight dept? Fords an Commonhores never seemed to do that. I love it!

Cheers GW

Congrats Leshy, what a cute little boy, hope you are all doing well :(

Thought that I should add our story here, thought I had, but obviously not :wacko: Our story is pretty much the same as everyone else here. Had been thinking for a while about buying a R33, and then found out the wife was pregnant, so a 2door car with small baby = trouble in my books. Found a couple in QLD through card yards up there (we're both very impatient so importing ourselves was not an option!). Flew to QLD in Nov '06 brought the car and drove home to Tassie with it (must add here the wife was 7 months pregnant at this stage). We haven't looked back since, like everyone else has said, you can comfortably carry a family and the cargo area is a decent size, the pram stays in there all the time and there is still room for the weekly shopping and anything else that neeeds to be in there when you have a little one. I like the fact that it's different to most other cars on the road, and here in Tassie there is not that many of them (unlike Falcadoors etc), so it gts a "look" every now and then aswell. Most importantly the wife loves driving it - her daily driver - and Ella who is now 16 months old loves going for "a boost", I love her very much!!!!! :thumbsup:

isnt one of 3intheback's kids named rohan

Yes it is. And spelling it with an "H" is the important bit.

He too loves the spaciousness of the family wagon and the way it slides at the local skid pan. (Except when it bites and kicks back in the other direction and he head butts the C pillar.)

Congratulations Terminal on your beautiful baby boy.. hes so cute.

We picked the stagea for space, a family and it looks neat I cant wait til the day I own one which will be soon....

shell

• 9 months later...

recently there have been new buyers, so up this goes.

My ownership is AlexCim's fault :D

I was building a car when i bought it, needed space. I HATE 2door's to daily drive, i have 2 dogs, and being that i dont drink, i tend to end up with mates in the back along with BBQ shit.

Would love to daily this and have an r34 GTR when off my p's :D

I'll jump in here and spin my story:

I bought mine purely as a load-carrying thing as I have a Downhill Mountain Bike and a Drumkit, My previous car was a '92 Subaru Liberty and it wasn't coping with the heavy weight of the drumkit or the physical size of the mountain bike. I was originally looking at buying a Forester but at the time they were priced outside my budget range, I discovered my Stagea on J-Spec priced at $10,800 and the rest is History. The wagon is an attention whore - I get people coming upto me at service stations and parking lots asking me what sort of car it is, I also get my fair share of runs in the traffic light grand prix. :)

I don't have any kids or a girlfriend so i'm safe in that regard. :D

IMG_8311.jpg

IMG_8388.jpg

Very quickly, just a topic for Stag owners in regards to your family.

Why did you buy a Stagea?

Was it for something different?

Or due to having a growing family?

If so, how many kids have ya got, how old are they, and what do the kids think of the wagon?

Bought a Stagea because Grim got me hooked on them when I saw his. But I got a Nismo RS4 not an RS260.

Actually, I bought two. But selling one due to limited space. :)

Got my black Stag because its something different in the sea of Silvias and Skylines, under estimated even.

I've got a missus and 9yo and a dog, so it handles anything ... including my right foot.

Actually, I can't keep the 9yo out of the wagon. He plays in it all the time. :D

mines easy..

I love nissan.. period.

I went from a bluebird ss to s13 to s14 to r33 gtst25-t.

However all the sports cars i have had did not have a lot of room in them, and going food shopping in my car was an effort since there was no space ( after the sound system went in).

So i wanted a bigger car, was going to do a murrano but wanted to keep the turbo action happening.

no kids but a fiance ( proposed to her last week, together for almost 4 years now)

I love nissan.. period.

I went from a bluebird ss to s13 to s14 to r33 gtst25-t.

Haha! That too.

I've gone from a 120Y to a couple of 200Bs, including a supercharged SR20 powered 200B wagon, to a CA18DET 1600 wagon, to the two Stageas I now have.

(Mind you I've owned a couple of Magnas and a Liana in between)

Must be something to do with me, Nissans and wagons :D

Hi

wanted an r33 4 door but couldn't find one for the right price and the stagea poked it's head up.

Got two kids ,younger one likes it ,older one likes holdens :(