SAU Community

Carrozzeria DEH990 and TV-XP7

paulr33

Hey All,

My skyline came with a Carrozzeria DEH990 (35x4) head unit and a TV-XP7 and Sat Nav. The Sat Nav unit is a AVIC-G7. I cant find any documenation regarding the unit at all (in english that is). After some fiddling and research I've found that

-> Pioneer dont make an australian data CDROM for the Sat Nav unit so you can never get a map of Australia on it. Only a map of the current CD which is like Kyoto or something.

-> The TV unit is a standard LCD monitor with a Controller unit under the carpet in the passenger seat. On this unit is 4 inputs for each attenna (on the boot) and 3 RCA in's. L and R and Video. I have connected a Pioneer DVD player to this and it worked fine. The unit is a PAL based player and no problems were found at all.

-> The reception unit for the TV blows goats and I can only just get channel 9, hardcore fuzzy and scrolling. There is no option to get an Australian TV reception unit for this TV and setup. Only option would be some dodgy hack from Jaycar or an electronics freak. Doesn't phase me really. Im going to get a DVD/VCD Player anyway

I didnt expect any of this equipment to work so I didnt factor it into the price of the car at all.

Just some advice regarding the mystery Carrozzeria stuff

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure regarding another CDROM of a different brand. The CD is standard ISO9660 format and can be read by a normal PC-CDROM drive. Here are some details regarding the CDrom DISC

On the front of the DISC

NAVI MAP DISC

Road Navigator III

CNCR-303

Satellite Cruising System CD-ROM

CARROZZERIA by Pioneer

Volume in drive F is PIONEER_NAVIGATION_DISC__NAVI001

Volume Serial Number is 5894-A007

Directory of F:

26/10/1994 07:19p 285,302,784 KANTO3.MAP

14/10/1994 10:59p 373,460,012 KANTO3.SND

09/06/1994 12:47p 77,824 KANTO3.TTL

26/03/1994 03:09p 262,144 MCC94.FNT

23/10/1994 12:13p 327,680 MCC94A14.APL

5 File(s) 659,430,444 bytes

0 Dir(s) 0 bytes free

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same thing (I think, maybe slightly different model number, not sure).

I can't get any TV reception at all

I have a DVD player for it as well, and I can't even get that to work :D

If there are any japanese stereo gurus here, I could use some help!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest pippen24

Youll find this is because the TV requires an NTSC input signal. Yor DVD player I'm guessing output's as PAL and wont do NTCS. If you plug in a PAL device it will come up hardcore fuzzy and really trashy. You can sometimes if your lucky see something that may resemble whats supposed to be on the screen.

The best test I did was hook up a laptop via Video OUT on the laptop to Video IN on the controller box under the carpet in the passenger side. It had an NVidia GeForce on the laptop and when output was set to PAL it came out ****ed, changed it to NTSC and it was still pretty angry, then changed it to NTSC-J and it loved it. worked fine when it was NTSC-J

my $2 worth

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I got one as well. The TV is kinda cool how it folds out but its all in Jap. Is there any way at all to tune Australian TV? It has the TV antennae's on the back. And does the CD player and tv work together?

For example you can change the source on the CD Player to TV and the TV pops out. Also its cool how not all the lights go on when the car lights aren't on. You turn the car lights on and everything else on the CD player turns on :P

Cool feature.... anyone know anything more what we can do with these?

Mine has like a box in the boot for it and a box under the passenger seat with Carrozzeria written on it. It seems like it's taken over the car. heh :D

Guest pippen24

Im still playing with mine. Might look at buying a DVD/VCD player for it soon for something to fiddle with. Or some crazy engine management system made by some electronics feak not sure.

Anyone know the price for a full TV/Sat Nav system with GPS tracker for an R33

I've got one for sale if anyone is interested :)

All works, just the sat nav brings up a map of japan

I've got a similar unit. Carrozzeria AVIC DR2000. Its voice activated or uses a remote. Guess what, I don't have the remote. And I don't know japanese. Arrggghhhh! Does anyone know what I can do about this? I contact pioneer australia and they couldn't help with anything. Any one have an mp3 of japanese voice commands?