SAU Community

Help With Silicon Spray?

R34GTX

Seeing if any of you have had this problem before. I found on my R34 that the windows were not sliding up evenly. A friend of mine said that all it was was the rubber guides drying out and that I should spray a little silicon spray on the tracks and the top guide.

I did this, but now there is Silicon spray smeared all over the inside (tinted) and outside of the glass, as it has also soaked into the bit at the bottom that cleans the water from the windows.

HOW do I get smear free windows again? What can I use to clean it?? :P

Any help appreciated.

Yeah, the window runs like brand new again. The drive motor sounds like it is running much smoother now too.

I have also been told metho will clean it up, so I will give it that a shot too.

Cheers

get some window cleaning spray, should take it right off, or try some turps,

did it fix the window problem though?

Sounds like you sprayed too much on.  Do you think?

Yeah, very easy to get carried away when you are trying to get the window to wind up smoothly again.

as long as this dosn't remove the tint!

I spoke with a Tint friend of mine and he said metho is fine as it doesn't contain a certain chemical that Windex Window Cleaner has. He said never to use window cleaner as it has this chemical (I forget the name) that will kill your tint sooner or later.

na, a few times might not kill the tint,, but it will damage it over time, and bye bye tint waranty,,,

just make sure u don't use on the inside of the windows (where the tint is)

the rest of ur car probably has factory tinted glass ya? cleaning them with windex isn't a problem,,

It will only send the old style tint purple. It used a vegetable dye in its formulation as opposed to metalic particles used in current window tints. If it turns it purple - its going to go purple all by itself from sun exposure. :D