SAU Community

Standard Radio And Cd Player Question

KR.15.YS

Hi all :) ,

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

We still have the standard radio and cd player in our car :P and it doe's a rather strange thing.

I was mucking around with the radio one day and came across a channel that actually shocked me that I could get. :P

When the radio is set at a certain frequency we can pick up the police radio channel.

Has anyone else experienced this?

is this a complaint? lol i'll swap ya :P

what frequency is it set to exactally? i've seen japanese radios that have weirded out freq settings....like our JJJ in bris is 107.7, on the jap radio it would be like 98 or something rediculous (this is just an example, i know the gold coast is 97.7 :P)

hell no..

no complaints here.

comes in quite handy actually. :P

not out near the car at the moment but from memory its 78.3 fm or somthing close to that.

what frequency is it set to exactally?  i've seen japanese radios that have weirded out freq settings....like our JJJ in bris is 107.7, on the jap radio it would be like 98 or something rediculous (this is just an example, i know the gold coast is 97.7 :P)

The reason for this is japanese radios have a different frequency range than australian radios. you;ll have an adapter in series with your radio boosting the frequency of all chanels by 10 or 20Mhz, so if in Aus the station is 102.5, on your radio it will read 82.5, or if the staion is 94.6, the radio will read 84.6 or 74.6, i forget how it works sometimes. but basically it's out by a factor of either 10 or 20MHz because of this converter.

cool, so do your normal radio station freq's match up? it must be an australian standard/regulation or whatever you wanna call it, that our radios can only cover such a range (somethin like 88-108 or close to it)

consider urself special :P

edit: just noted ur reply terminal..i knew there was an easy explanation :P

Edited by timmmay

Mine's set for JJJ as well, the frequency for Sydney is 105.7, but the radio says 87.7.

I'm hanging to get rid of mine. The radio doesn't tune properly (the reception is crap on mine, so I'm guessing the frequeny band expander is a cheap one), I've blown two speakers in it because it's not loud OR clear enough, and the CD player jumps over even minor bumps. :(

I'm saving some money to get some new speakers and an amp, buy a single-DIN unit so I can put some gauges underneath it, and maybe get a sub in a super-small enclosure (as small as I can get away with) so it doesn't take too much room in the boot.

reception would be crap because of the booster not set up properly. i used ot get crap reception, lose tripleJ about 20km from canberra. when i got the radio place to fix another problem they noticed it wasn't hooked up right and now i can get it anywhere they transmit. even in the middle of nowhere.