SAU Community

Why Do People Install Boost Controllers With No Fmic

A fmic won't save your exhast wheel fom exploding. Its turbo heat that kills it and an intercooler cools charged air after the turbo.

also on boosting earlier : I wrote my response in resonse to the logic that if given a chioce to spend $1000 on a fmic or $100 on boost a increase, most would go the boost due to lack of funds which was argued before my post. After reading that i assumed that going along the lines of lack of funds that they wouldn't be fitting quality EBC's unless they've built a jaycar kit themselves! If I miss under stood, my bad as I am aware of the difference in boost curve with a decent boost controller because my jaycar version made a huge difference to the characteristics of my car.

I've put a "tap" type boost controller on my completely stock R33 (apart from K&N panel filter in the stock airbox).

I'm running 7PSI, and due to the mechanism of the controller (as mentioned a few times) my boost comes on a lot earlier than it used to. Also, i'm running 7psi all the time, not just over 4500rpm. I never give it hard hits on a hot summer day, and I will be putting an R34 cooler in soon.

I think the question is too general, and should read something like "Who agrees it is stupid to boost a car beyond its potential", in which case we'd all agree. Mine's boosted for its mods, and others will naturally gain boost from their mods. (rampod, zorst etc)