SAU Community

Fitting R32 Gtr Bonnet On Gtst

:sorcerer: Hi Guys

I have bought R32 GTR bonnet to replace old GTSt but does anyone knows whats involved to change??

I heard bonnet hinge, lock and support needed to be changed but some say, only Locks needed to be changed.

any ideas??

cheers

I have fitted GTR bonnet and yes, you are right. the hinges are same but I find bonnet lock and support panel fits perfect with new GTR bonnet unless the lock will cause problem with GTR grill.

well, it didn't make any sense to me since it fits perfect.

guess I will find out when I get GTR grill but until than, I won't know the difference between GTR lock and GTST lock..

would you know??

gtr lock sits angled up more due to the bonnet being shorter. You can use the std gtst lock mechanism, it just requires a bit of fiddling to get it to sit in the right spot. Alos the open latch is shorter too.

Predator (?) fittted one to his car and had pics of haw to mod the latch to work with the gtr bonnet. Search a few forums.

by the way, Have you find alternative mesh grill yet?? I am looking for one or make it myself?? LOL

On Yahoo...what colour do you want?

these are made for an r32 gtst with gtr bonnet or a gtr.

r32gtstmesh.jpeg

r32mesh2.jpeg

Edited by Bl4cK32

On Yahoo...what colour do you want?

these are made for an r32 gtst with gtr bonnet or a gtr.

Sorry where do these come from?

Just more specific's please- yahoo is big!

Edited by NAman

Go down the forum to Slidewise imports.

Yahoo Japan from MrZac. Look in his forum section, and go into r32 gear from Japan. Open the page, then click on the link for r32 grilles.

Cheers

PS: I second the call for a group buy

Cheers

PS: I second the call for a group buy

First....SUPER LINKS GUYS! Thats soooooooo helpfull knowing this just incase my buddy can't source that GTR latch.

Second....I third the GB idea so you can put my name to the list as soon as it comes up or PLEASE pm me if it's a go. Obviously I'll pay the extra needed to ship it to me in Canada. I'd want one in black for sure.

Take care guys.

Cheers :D