SAU Community

Computer Jargon

Madaz

AI was real good.

You'd have to plan how you were gonna takle it cos if you ran into a room you would get absolutely pwned.

The whole little girl walking around got a little tiriing cos she didn't do anything and wasn't scary after the first time you see her.

FEAR was the only FPS that i have played for a while - now have a copy of Oblivion.

I usually stick with the sim racing games. Computer is a bit slow now and having boot up troubles that won't go away even with a format :D

Mine too has boot up issues.

For a reason that is unknown it now cold boots to fail safe cpu speeds. It requires myself to enter the bios and resave. It resets and all is good.

Nothing to do with the battery, its a motherboard fault.

Its around 4yrs and has been overclocked all its life so its been good. Bit like my rb20t gearbox, took a hammering for quite some time before it let go. :D

FEAR was the only FPS that i have played for a while - now have a copy of Oblivion.

I usually stick with the sim racing games. Computer is a bit slow now and having boot up troubles that won't go away even with a format ;)

wot racing sim games do u play i play quiet a few also

Mine too has boot up issues.

For a reason that is unknown it now cold boots to fail safe cpu speeds. It requires myself to enter the bios and resave. It resets and all is good.

Nothing to do with the battery, its a motherboard fault.

Its around 4yrs and has been overclocked all its life so its been good. Bit like my rb20t gearbox, took a hammering for quite some time before it let go. :D

lol thats a good analogy ur gearbox

and wow a 4yr old computer that would have to be 4x AGP or the very early 8x 4yrs on real world time almost = 8yrs computer technology time

I have been playing GTR for around 2 years now. Its one of the nost realistic sims around - even get a motec suit for your computer to set your car up properly :D i had to order a copy from germany so i don't get english on all the screens.

My comp gets stuck on the windows loading screen sometimes can be stuck for upto 20+ mins and restarting doesn't help. Been like this for a long time when i had faulty ram in and have formatted two times scince

First time on this thread and I can see why you guys hot up your cars growing up in the computer age.

I hotted up my first car, a Valiant 225 slant six with twin 4 barrel holleys in 1969 and pulled a flat 14 Quarter (Killing GTHO's;-) and there were no computers to influence me back then.

Thinking about it that probably got me started in computers and hotting them up :)

And lets not get started on computer games:LOL

ah ok thats 1 game i dont have i just purchased Live for Speed this is a great sim too very customisable

www.liveforspeed.net/

Hey TurboX another fellow GTS-4 owner

**EDIT**

Pete i will ring my dealer down the road tomorrow gimme a bell arround 9:30 to see how ive gone if not i will ring him after uve rung me 0421932750 (hes a legit computer dealer and might have a slot 1 cpu lying arround)

otherwise my suggestion is brickwork markets theres a PC brick-a-brack shop there

Edited by Madaz

I looked at live for speed but sticked with GTR. there is a new GTR2 coming out this year

http://gtr-game.10tacle.com/index.php?id=246&L=1

think i am going to upgrade my comp to play this. the last one's graphics were awesome and my 128mg 3d card struggled with having 75 cars out on the track at once don't won't to know what i will need for this version

ah sorry pete i forgot to ring my computer guy and u didnt ring me to remind me :(

will try ring him tomorrow

yes that GTR2 looks awsome

wot i liked about LFS was it was made buy the little guy with no royalties going where they dont need too

and the cars handle surperubly and u can drift or race

Sinbin the guys that made GTR are fairly similar as they got the licence for the FIA GT after they did a mod for f1 2002

the cars are hard to handle on this when you first play it. but you get used to it after a while, especially with a steering wheel.

Just had a play of GTR.

Pretty awesome game, not as hard as I expected but none the less still difficult to control wheel spin without traction control on.