SAU Community

Picnic at Hanging Rock Feb9 2003

R31Heaven

Ok I know this is a fair bit in advance but would be good to see who would be interested going next yearand make it a fixed day. I dropped in this years and as a car enthusiust must say it was fantastic, with well over 1,500 cars of all Marquees there it was a great show. It is set for all car clubs to get together and have a Picnic/BBQ with other club and display their pride & joy cost per car was $12 so you could have 3-4 people in the car at that cost. there are food tents. drinks & food vans for the ones that dont want to bring anything. A penny for your thoughts...

Hanging rock is near Mt. Macidon (spelling?), about half hour past Calder Park raceway.

I have been every year, for the past few years and it is great.

I would love to see a whole group of us making a presance. But i will be in two minds whether to put my car with my club display or with you guys and girls. Maybe we can organise the two clubs to be side-by-side, then i am in a win win situation :D

Unfortunately my car was in the workshop on that day :)

Originally posted by R31Heaven

loooong looong time ago

hehe ..... someone else who's been watching too much TV.

The movie "Picnic at Hanging Rock" is based on a 1967 novel by Joan Leslie. (It's fiction!!!!)

Example........

Look at this webpage, Picnic at Hanging Rock

Valentines day in 1900 wasn't a Saturday, it was actually a Wednesday :)

Sorry John, I'm done, you can have your thread back now. :D