SAU Community

Autotech Drag Day

Mr 350Z

Thanks guys.....If the spots dont get filled then yes it gets cancelled.

If it gets cancelled you will all recieve a full refund, however it shouldnt be the case, i have a fair few people looking into paying this week so it should be ok.

Regards,

Dean

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys.....If the spots dont get filled then yes it gets cancelled.

If it gets cancelled you will all recieve a full refund, however it shouldnt be the case, i have a fair few people looking into paying this week so it should be ok.

Regards,

Dean

sweet

also as you make know SAU had problems due to cancellations of wet weather and all, have WSID mentioned any penalties etc?

just to make sure WSID doesnt do the dodgey and keep the deposit.

Hi Guys, some of you have asked questions such as can bikes race etc. Here are the answers.

Additional Information

1) Motor bikes CAN race, however they are not permitted to race against cars. Same rules apply with a bike, they cannot run faster then 11.00.

2) Gates and scrutineering starts at 8am, racing at 10.

I am still in discussions as to what happens if the day is a wash out (rain). I will update you guys as soon as i know (should be tomorrow)

Dean, I would be very careful in any dealings with WSID due to what has happened to SAU NSW at its last private drag day. Is there a contract or written agreement with WSID? What happens if veryone turns up and thn it rains: (a) before racing starts and before track is prepped; (b) before racing starts and after track is prepped; © after racing starts.

I am not personally worried about it, just don't want to see the club holding the event to be in a similar situation that SAU NSW was in whereby the WSID management were going to keepa substantial amount of money which meant that each racer would lose about half their money.

I am still keen Dean however have committed to other track days prior to this one which have chewed up my spare cash.... i will be sure to keep in touch and should there become spots availiable in the not to distant future will be sure to tranfer funds as soon as possible....

I understand your concerns guys, at this stage nothing is written as no money has been transfered. Everything has been verbal at this point.

I have some info however i am waiting on a confirmation call from WSID tomorrow to get the final details.....at which point i will post them up.

PS, i am keeping record of who i speak to, what number i called them on, date, time etc so there shouldnt be any issues, but ill see if i can get something written before money gets transfered across to them.

I am still keen Dean however have committed to other track days prior to this one which have chewed up my spare cash.... i will be sure to keep in touch and should there become spots availiable in the not to distant future will be sure to tranfer funds as soon as possible....

Ah ok, i am assuming you may have put your name down to the V8owner track day.

Ok, let me know how you go, if your still interested and there are still spots we can sort something out for you.

I have actually decided to try my hand at turning corners.... and not just the corner at the end of the drag strip :( UAS is holding a circuit day at Oran Park on the 2nd of April so, providing the 200 is tuned, i will be heading out to try my hand at circuit racing....

We should be able to come across some cash for this day but obviously am not going to over commit myself just yet... Will let you know the minute i know more