SAU Community

Wtb A Half Cut Rb25det.....

Chi100188

yeah i want to purchase a RB25det engine currently i have a NA skyline R33....was thinking of Turboing...whats cheaper buying a whole new engine with the Turbo or just buying the Turbo?...well im located in Perth was wondering who in Perth does engine/half cut importing .... yea and have a web site i can check them out on ?

Cheers

Chi

Hi, most ppl will just tell you to sell the na and get a turbo skyline. alternatively, get a half cut (good half cut), get yourself a new exhaust kit, and if you want the 5 strut wheels, find a wrecker and get yourself a pair of rear brake kits because the half cut should have front already.labour and tuning probably cost you 2500, exclude parts....if you want a better "value" for transplant, get the GTR cut...

mmm i paid 10k for this NA one so i was thinking importing an GTR half cut prolly cost me 5k max then...the brakes should be strong enough and i also got a heavy duty machanic mate that will do the rest for me for i danno what his price but i would wreckon it would come to about 16-7k if i turbo it up so that not too bad i guess...i mean i wouldn't selling my NA right now but the previous owner had some damage on it so i was thinking of just repairing it all and making it look good then sellit and buy a turbo car but turboing it isn't that bad i guess

well i bought my rb25de for 13k.. and it already has the latest wolf3d in it.. the exhaust done throughout.. brakes.. and suspension done with somethin i donno.. and i recently added splitfire coil packs.. so i was talkin to this guy i know in mandurah.. he reackons he can put a high boost turbo for about 4.5k which includes new pistons and whatever mods it requires.. cant remember he talked really quick and i couldnt understand many of the things he said.. and i spent 13k for the car.. oh yeh and its a 95' anyways.. so yeh lookin at the prices for some det's i was lookin at 16k standard.. so i lose out on about 1.5k after i get mine modded to a turbo.. but then again do it? since i get a bigger then standard turbo installed.. and new pistons.. and the engine gets cleanedup in the process.. and since its a friend of a friend.. i know he'll look after me.. anyways think about it

hey orion so u think its worth it aye? i mean like if i do the engine conversion and put a massive turbo onto it it'd prolly cost me about 18k all together i thtink although i havne't started to put stuff in atm and bought it pretty stock for 10k atm it has a muffler/k&N filter but yea will prolly get around pulling 8k outa my back side and doin the engine transfer and stuff haha but yea was thinking of putting LSD onto it unless the 95 GTS have the LSD....mmm apart from that im saving for a RB25det engine or is it cheaper to just buy turbo/pistons/rods/etc etc of is it cheap for the engine?....

Cheers

Chi

Guys - rather than just thinking engine, think a bit deeper..

Clutch

Gearbox

Brakes

Suspension

Diff

Will these be suitable to your new engine setup? If not they can add a huge amount of $ to your mods...

Never use the words 'cheap' and 'conversion' together ever.

Save for the 'real' car, it is far cheaper and wastes less of your time.

This man has great wisdom follow his advice...!

Trust me i have seen how long it takes and the money spent...

if u wanna go even deeper, think re-sale, a NA-to-turbo will not sell as easy as a factory turbo item....

dont do the conversion unless u have big $$ and are prepared to go VERY HARD on the mods.

yeh.. well whatever you do you always lose money with cars anyways.. so only do it if your actually considering to keep the car for yourself for a awhile.. im still considering whether to sell mine.. and buy one already modded.. or to mod mine..

By the time you spent that sorta of money, 95-95 R33 GTsT are going for around the $15-$18k mark and for an extra $2k, you get yourself a GTR with all the fruits already on.

My 2 cents

Cheers