SAU Community

side skirts

Guest Boxhead

Guest Boxhead

hey guys, me and pete smith got some stock type m side skirts and rear pods for my car, they are black hence we are sanding them back and then painting... if any of you guys are doin this and want any advice, please ask.. were mor ethen happier to help.. althought its a fairly easy, just time consuming job... later when its done we will post pics of various stages..

Guest Boxhead

well basically i just went into japanese auto spares at burleigh, its just off a side street of bermuda street....

ok the side skirts and the rear pods costs $200

and the sand paper, the paint, the clear paint, the fibreglass patchwork, the primer costs about $90 atm, but we rekon we will need a little more, so i would say leave $150 for paint...and shit...

so that is $350 for the side skirts, in good condition, on my car in the right car, the job has taken me and pete smith aprox 8hrs so far, including travelling to and from autobarn and to get them... and we rekon another day or so and they will be completed...

Guest Boxhead

if you want, we will sell you the ones we have painted and sanded and found and shit, they will be ready to be put on your car, for only $900

but our sanding job is perfect

Guest Boxhead

its like a wreckers, but for jap imports.. nothing to flash... there is some front cuts there.. best bet is to go down there, and just ask him if he has what you want.