SAU Community

You KNOW you want it....

BigDatto

Maybe when I win Lotto ??

Awesome decks:

8v pre-out, yes 8 volt.

Low impedance balanced AND unbalanced outputs.

Can switch the display off completely. ( this makes a difference in SQL).

These sort of features are usually reserved for top-shelf Hi-Fi components, particularly the balanced output.

Anyone know how much these puppies cost ???

http://www.eclipse-web.com.au/nf_top.html

Outstanding headunits. I just bought an CD8051, it doesn't have all the features of the CD8061 but it still has the 8 Volt preout and the NOB remote control. The main reason I chose the Eclipse over other brand headunits of similar price is that they have a memory buffer so they don't skip on bumps and also because the laser is more powerful and only needs half the voltage of other brands so it can last twice as long. Oh... I nearly forgot to mention several reviews have placed the CD8061 as among the best S.Q. headunits in the world.

Thx BOoStEr,

As you've probably guessed, I'm a bit of an audiophile. I lucked out with my skyline, it was factory fitted with the top shelf kenwood system (which isn't much chop) but the bonus was factory fitted tweeters in the A pillars, which today were replaced with very tasty Peerless units. Rimshots now sound like rimshots not just a dull "tick", and the overall "airiness" is sooo much better.

Methinks I'll save my pennies for an Eclipse unit. They look to be the dog's bollocks... and much cheaper than Nakamichi.

Thanks again BOoStEr !!