SAU Community

Selling A Skyline - Is It That Hard?

disturb3d

Is it just me or has the import market slowed down. I have had mates who have tried selling their skylines/imports and were forced to end up trading them in. Don't get me wrong the prices were dirt cheap, but im surprised at the market these days.

Along side with trying to sell the car are your typical bored tyre kickers. You just gotta hate that.

Has anyone else had a problem selling their car?

not slowed down, just saturated by importing companies as they are importing more and more of these cars in,

alot of ppl are choosing to buy a fresh import than a car thats already been here for a few years and has another 30 - 40, 000kms added to it.

The market is saturated, with loads of cars and a disturbingly high number of self certified 'gurus' that think they are experts on what a car can sell for.

Anyone with half a brain knows that you pay for what you get, so if you are selling a quality car, sit tight, be patient, let the tyre kicking wankers pass over and wait for a serious buyer to come along.

/end

The market is saturated, with loads of cars and a disturbingly high number of self certified 'gurus' that think they are experts on what a car can sell for.

Anyone with half a brain knows that you pay for what you get, so if you are selling a quality car, sit tight, be patient, let the tyre kicking wankers pass over and wait for a serious buyer to come along.

/end

AMEN TO THAT!

This saturation was a long time coming, I was lucky enough to sell my R33 Series II GTS-T a couple of years ago for $26K. It was evident this was going to happen, much like the WRX. As Blitz stated, selling will be difficult, but hold tight and the sale will eventuate!

Anywho sif Skyline....

CEFIRO POWAH :D:P

just dont sell it, i dont understand why so many skylines are for sale, i dont think ill ever get sick of my R33, ive always wanted to get one since i learnt to drive and now i finally own one, last thing ill be doing is thinking of selling it.

maybe if u keep it long enough the value starts going up lol, im just dreaming...

Selling an R33 was possibly the most painful experience of my life! It seems to be more of an R33 problem though as they are definatly the most common and unbelievably hard to sell no matter how long you wait. However this doesnt seem to be the case for R32 Gtst's. I have a number of friends who have owned them and all have sold fairly easily. A good friend of mine just sold his lightyl tuned 92 gtst for $16000!

Its like this all over the country . My mate has a totally orignal skyline in adelide with custom paint job and is really having a hard time selling it and has lowered the price extremely just to get some one to have a look at it.

Its a buyers market at the moment not a seller market but it should change soon some one will come along....

another thing is the new p plater laws that were introduced . turbo imports used to appeal alot to them but now they arent allowed so that has slowed things down a bit in my opinion

Yeah VERY true.. If you think about the avg age group wanting skylines, then remove the group that are too young, you are losing 30-40% of your customer base when it comes to selling your car!!! Therefore, more cars and less buyers = lower price... We all know how supply vs demand works! :(

Yeah VERY true.. If you think about the avg age group wanting skylines, then remove the group that are too young, you are losing 30-40% of your customer base when it comes to selling your car!!! Therefore, more cars and less buyers = lower price... We all know how supply vs demand works! :yes:

It is time to usher in a new market.. the market of GTS :)

Hopefully mine should sell alright.. I'm just paranoid about the K's... I want to sell it before... 110,000ish I think.. it has

84k atm.. so not too bad..

Edited by ignuz

Yeah VERY true.. If you think about the avg age group wanting skylines, then remove the group that are too young, you are losing 30-40% of your customer base when it comes to selling your car!!! Therefore, more cars and less buyers = lower price... We all know how supply vs demand works! :rolleyes:

Totally Agree with you, due to the law i guess the consumer market has dropped significantly. However, don't get me wrong i've had offers but its just not near the price i want.