SAU Community

uni chip

Jet

Hi guys

I just put a unichip in my car. its running on 13.5 psi and the dyno showed 210HP at the wheels.

my car is R33 gtst running on 235/45 tyres.

how fast do you guys reckon the car can run 1/4 mile?

and also 210HP at the wheel equals to how many HP at the engin?.

thanx

I reckon 14.5. Then if you run faster you will feel good about it.

Hard to say what the power is at the engine, maybe 260HP. What was the power before the unichip went on?

Go to the local drag strip and have a go. I could probably have a guess at the power based on the terminal speed you get then. Besides its just plain good fun to go drag racing!

Tell me does the car feel any faster with the UNICHIP on, I'm curious coz mine didn't. After the so-called tune of the Unichip I was apparently making 198rwkw, not that it felt like it, so I took it along to a Skyline dyno day and only managed 165rwkw with the power curve all over the place. Needless to say I got my money back and fitted an SAFC, I returned to the same dyno where I made 168rwkw untuned(that's 3kw more than Unichip) and 188rwkw with the SAFC tuned. Although peak power only went up 20kw at one point in the rev range a 44kw increase occured, and that you can FEEL!

210rwhp is less than 160rwkw.

the car feels faster but not too extrodinary. I dont know if the power will deteriate or not but so far so good.

My car is pretty standard, I only put a pot filter in with cold air partition.

160rwkw isnt much at all, but I dont plan to drive it for too long.

what other mods have you done to your car?

My mods are the usuall exhaust and filter plus EBC, FMIC and SAFC. One thing I discovered about the Unichip is that it can only advance timing, so they retard the base timing and then they have to tune it back in or something.

i would imagine that when using an external device between the ecu and the engine that when the standard ECU notices from (a) the o2 sensor that the mixture is too lean/rich and (B) the knock sensor detects pinging that more adjustments would be made to the fuel and timing respectively to get it back within bounds. if the unichip (really an interceptor right?) causes the ECU to detect these things woudln't it pull back futher?

Guest Peewee

no the piggy back ecu called unichip by passes the computer for fuel and ignition but still works within standard parrameters i.e correction maps they are rubbish and wouldnt fit one to my lawnmower as resolution on them is poor and without the ability to insert custom correction maps your chasing your taill. Save some money and buy an autronic!!! Also the tuner also has more to do with the power and how well the car runs than the actual computer itself cause a monkey on a motec is worse than stock ecu