SAU Community

Bought A New Car

Terminal

Just thought i'd share with you guys i got myself ripper of a deal on the weekend. me and my gf went halves in a 2001 Corolla Sportivo Turbo. limited edition of only 110, goes pretty hard and has all the trimmings that a corolla could have (no leather seats or dual sunrooves unfortunately). runs a 1.8L twin cam turbo engine (7A-FTE for those in the know). i'll be giving it a working out now on long journeys to save a bit of fuel in the madwagon, and also a few k's.

Anywho, just showing it off because i think it's a pretty zippy little car

post-4352-1144820587.jpg

the sportivo turbos were VERY limited,as you've said. be careful with it,as they're a completely standard 7AFE with a bolt-on IHI turbo kit,designed at TMCA in taren point.

a bigger intercooler (with plumbing that's more sensible than the factory setup) is a must, and it'd be a good idea to fit some form of proper oil cooler as they don't run piston squirters or anything along those lines to keep piston temps down with the increased cylinder pressure from boost.

there's no lsd either,but a 20v or 4AGZE gearbox will bolt in without huge mods (custom driveshafts only),which will give you a limmo,as well as better ratios.

have fun!!!

Justin...

p.s. I work for toyota if you haven't guessed already...

the sportivo turbos were VERY limited,as you've said. be careful with it,as they're a completely standard 7AFE with a bolt-on IHI turbo kit,designed at TMCA in taren point.

a bigger intercooler (with plumbing that's more sensible than the factory setup) is a must, and it'd be a good idea to fit some form of proper oil cooler as they don't run piston squirters or anything along those lines to keep piston temps down with the increased cylinder pressure from boost.

there's no lsd either,but a 20v or 4AGZE gearbox will bolt in without huge mods (custom driveshafts only),which will give you a limmo,as well as better ratios.

have fun!!!

Justin...

p.s. I work for toyota if you haven't guessed already...

Thanks for the info. i don't think i'll be doing too many mods to it yet, it's not my main car, it'll be my g/f's. she doesn't drive cars hard, so i'll only worry about a new intercooler & oil cooler when she starts to realise the potential (also let me have a tinker under the hood, she said i'm not allowed to play with it yet)

a gearbox exchange follows the same rules i guess. i'll wait and see how she goes with it (the car and the girl), as i don't think it'll be driven that hard (yet)

I'm not sure what they're worth, but we paid $18k for it after getting a 100,000km service and a bit of money off the price. i've only seen one other for sale which was in sydney and they wanted $23k for it