SAU Community

Cefiro's...

d0p3y

Got a couple of questions regarding A31 Nissan Cefiros, wondering if perhaps some people could help me out, since there are quite a few Importer guys on here and all.

1) What's the average going rate on a '88 or '89 5sp Manual RB20DET A31?

2) If i were to import one next year under the 15yr rule, what kinda prices should i be expecting (landed, engineered etc)

Help/Comments appreciated.

Cheers,

Ryan

Yeah i'd also like to know the answer to nismo_boy's question

as far as i know it can be modded, however i'm not sure.

PeakRPM: STFU =)

my cefiro lands this week you will need to budget at least 10 k for one maybe more. they can have mods as they come in under the 15 year rule which is different to the raws scheme. the prices on them are rising all the time as people work out they can bring them in. manuals are dearer as they have jsut about all been converted. once my car arricves I 'll do a detailed page on my site in regards to it so you can all look

cheers

meggala

ryan: under the 15 year old rule the cefiros should cost approx 7-10 grand all up with rego, cause remember that they dont have to be complianced.

nismo boy: as they will be imported under the 15 year old rule they can have a t88 in them if you wanted, but the car has to be engineered when it comes to OZ instead of complianced.

Thanks guys. Sounds like i was thinking correctly, i figured that it'd be at least 10k.

With the Manual conversion, which gearbox is usually the one used? R32 RB20DET? or a S13 box?

What i'm thinking is, if finance allows, i'll get a loan for around 20k and get hold of a cefiro and do a few mods and just leave it like that until i've paid everything off. Either that, or i'll just get one in whatever condition from japan and leave it unmodified for a while. There's so many options and i keep changing my mind, but the Cefiro keeps on looking like a better option all the time. I'd prefer a 4dr due to practicality, I like the look of the A31, It's RB20DET, etc etc.

If i were to bring over a RB20DET Automatic, how expensive would a Manual conversion be do you think? I realise you'd have to change the computer as well as the gearbox itself, but is there anything else involved? Of course i'd prefer to find one with this already done, but yeah

Just exploring more options. I change my mind alot, but this Cefiro option is looking good.

I got a few other questions too, which i'm hoping someone can answer ----

1) Headlights -- Which models came with the projector headlights and which didn't?? I see so many variants.

2) Tailights -- Which model came with these tail lights??:

IMG_0003.jpg

I'd prefer the above tail lights, even if i have to put them on myself. Theyre so much nicer. Same with the projector headlights.

Also - How expensive and hard to get are the Autech kits? Are there copies of these available?

How rare are the 4WD versions?

So many questions i know..... hhehe

once agian, help appreciated

and there are compliance cost for a car under the 15 years rule

it is around 1500. but the car has no plate this is signed off by an engineer and you need belts intrusioin bars etc they look cheap till you att it all up llets say you find a nice

cefiro with manual swap a few mods

I dont recomend buying one auto

car 300,000 yen $4200 aussie

buyers fee fob charges 80,000 $1100

brokers fee here $1000

shipping $1200

customs duty $700

gst $800

miscellaneous wharf fees $500

compliance to aust standard

w/engineers $1500

plus reg rwc $500

plus on little stuff to fix $500

total $12000

am I wrong or not

cheers

meggala: sounds correct to me, best to estimate more than less really. sucks to get hit with extra costs. I knew it needs engineering, i was just unsure as to the modifications thing =)

how hard are manual ones to get hold of?

you can get them when your ready let me know I'm going to be bringing some in over the next year youwill be liucky cause you will be able to choose from 2 years not jsut 3 months of production Iike I had to in 1988 they were only made for 3 months

meggala this is also why i am waiting (apart from the fact i;ve gotta save some $, and wait til i can get a loan)

can choose from 1988 and 1989 models =)

prob wont be til around mid next year until i buy anything, for now its just investigating

• 6 months later...

Not included in most 15 year plus cars is the cost of Govt. stamp duty and registration (normal licensing costs for any vehicle). An allowance of up to $1,200 should also be made on top of this price for the minor items required to be addressed under the 15 year rule prior to registration. These can be done by anyone, and may include retractable seatbelts for rear seats, sun visors, child restraint points on the rear parcel shelf for cars with rear seats, high level brake light, driver's side mirror to be changed from convex to flat, unleaded fuel filler opening restrictor, side intrusion bars, engineer's certificate, and a new set of tyres if the Japanese tyres are worn out.

This was what my friend said... BUT i have heard that you MUST change the tyres on all 15+ year old cars whether they are worn or not...

CHANGE TO THE 15 YEAR RULE

Before it didn't matter what month the car was produced in... IE you could import a car built in December at the start of the year...

NOW

You MUST wait until the month that it was produced.. December built cars in december, july in july... Etc