SAU Community

How Many Cefiros In Australia?

Resin

try probably just under 200 NOW!

About 4 years ago when i bought mine from steve meggala there was 7 or 8 in victoria including mine and just under 100 in all of aus.

4 years on even though there have been more imported i havnt myself seen a significant difference, maybe about 50 or so more and mostly in qld.

A reason that theres so few is because they were only in production for the last 3 months of 1988 so only cars made in those 3 months are able to be imported under the new rules.

Edited by KICKIN

and that will change next neat year any way ..........isnt it changing to a 30 year rule .....somehting like that anyway .......

so u think 200 ......i thought that at first but there are quite a few not on the forums like sau, skydownunder, Ns.com ...etc ....

and that will change next neat year any way ..........isnt it changing to a 30 year rule .....somehting like that anyway .......

WTF!

Last I heard it was gradually going to turn into the 30 year rule.. Have noticed quite a few 88 ceffies pop up in Japan. Hopefully the rule is'nt extended for another year or so.

theres about 12 in vic, give or take 1 or 2 because ones been written off another sold to nsw, and because i cant be 100% sure if anymore recently have been brought in.

but aparently word going round is... is that the tomei rb24 featured in hpi is now living in vic not qld...

so watch out 4 a new monster, if he is able to get it registered.

Edited by KICKIN

theres about 12 in vic, give or take 1 or 2 because ones been written off another sold to nsw, and because i cant be 100% sure if anymore recently have been brought in.

but aparently word going round is... is that the tomei rb24 featured in hpi is now living in vic not qld...

Haha yeh i met the guy that bought it. He had it at winton and trust me the photos in the mag had some MEAN photoshopping done. Car is not nice looking and wasn't running too well. :huh:

Haha yeh i met the guy that bought it. He had it at winton and trust me the photos in the mag had some MEAN photoshopping done. Car is not nice looking and wasn't running too well. :huh:

As the mag states it was bought in as a freshly built car.. So it is probable that the pics were taken not long after the car arrived. Dan bought it as a drift car and thats what it was used for :(

Edited by Drift_Limo

would love to have a cruise, photo meet up with those 12 or so ceffys in VIC... very unlikely that we will ever get even say 10 of them in the one spot on at the same time.

Haha yeh i met the guy that bought it. He had it at winton and trust me the photos in the mag had some MEAN photoshopping done. Car is not nice looking and wasn't running too well. :D

really? looks nice in the mag - i was jealous... now i'm humble hehe...

...not the only one with rb24 either... :angry:

Hey jarryd i wonder how many laurels there are in aus??

I'd say probably a bit less than 1/2 the number of Ceffy's... So would guess around 100 or so :

...not the only one with rb24 either... :angry:

My mates running either rb23/24... dunno yet :D GTR crank and rod are all we know atm. Will most likely be rebuit as rb24 soon anyways

heaps in qld but there isnt many in new south wales so id say max 50 per state which is heaps

50 is heaps? Good luck hey.

Id put money on there being more Porka turbos in each state, and they are not common cars.

Common compaired to a piazza turbo tho :D

anyone have pics the rb24 ceffy i never saw it.

cheers.