SAU Community

Front Mount For R32

I'm looking for a front mount intercooler kit for a R32 that uses the side mount pipes.

As i can't find any kits available new or second hand i'm looking at alternative options.

(If anyone has one for sale or knows of one for sale please PM me)

I found this XR6 cooler upgrade, i could probably fit something like this in and just get some pipes

made up to suit.

Opinions on XR6 cooler?

post-20679-1146357009.jpg

This is the type if after but can't find:-

post-20679-1146361333.jpg

Edited by lows_13

there was a thread recently about modifying an R34 gtt side mount cooler to fit R32 gtst stock cooler spot.

that might be an option for you.

Sydney kid posted a few points in there.. says it flows and cools well for 220 rwkw on his RB20det powered R32... and that is a track car. which is used only for thrashing constantly at the track.

might be comething to consider since they cost about $150 and an aluminium welding place could modify the end tank to be same as R32 stock cooler (SK said he paid $50) and you could bolt it straight in it's place.

so..

I've got a Trust V-SPL which I'm pretty sure is the 2nd pic.

I'm pretty sure the ones that do this style are TRUST, ARC & BLITZ.

Talk to Peter at Advan Performance if you want a Trust one.

Are R33/R32 front mounts kits the same?

Can you fit a R33 frount mount cooler kit into a R32 without any troubles? (Type that uses the side mount pipes)

Anyone else selling this kind of setup?

Edited by lows_13

seriously cut the hole get a just jap kit..450..

or install the cooler ur self drive to and exhaust place with bumper of and get it hooked up....

alot of lag if you do a 180 degree bend to come around thou

I have this idea about a "return inercooler".

I still have this idea about a "return intercooler".

rather than getting a 600 X 300 intercooler, getting 2 600 X 150 intercoolers and mounting them one on top of the other.

then you loop sone side back to itself.

You now have a 600 X 300 intercooler with inlet / outlet on the same side.

This is only an idea, so some comments, criticisms, etc would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to do it, if only to be different.

I figure it will save a little piping, too.

a mate of mine (member on this forums) got defected for "unengineered modification to chassis" for cutting the hole under the washer botle in the side sil.. $600 for engineering later...

those ARC 180 degree bend ones arent THAT bad..

I have this idea about a "return inercooler".

I still have this idea about a "return intercooler".

rather than getting a 600 X 300 intercooler, getting 2 600 X 150 intercoolers and mounting them one on top of the other.

then you loop sone side back to itself.

You now have a 600 X 300 intercooler with inlet / outlet on the same side.

This is only an idea, so some comments, criticisms, etc would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to do it, if only to be different.

I figure it will save a little piping, too.

air is now going through 2 intercoolers.. it would be too much of a restriction..

basically like air being pushed through 1200 x 150mm core.

fair 'nuff

not what I wanted to hear, but it does make sense. hmf. makes it easier, though. fmic is now on the shopping list (as opposed to the wish list)

a mate of mine (member on this forums) got defected for "unengineered modification to chassis" for cutting the hole under the washer botle in the side sil.. $600 for engineering later...

those ARC 180 degree bend ones arent THAT bad..

Just one of the reasons why i don't want to go down that path.