SAU Community

Volks F-zero Challenge 18x10.0jj

Hi guys,

Just purchased these wheels from Japan for my R33 GTR. I'm hoping they'll look good with my car and perform well with handling (cornering at high speeds). Anyone have any experience with these. Also do you think 18x10 is a good size for the GTR?

Tyres on them are: Dunlop formula W1 - 275/35R18

Pics of my car can be seen here: http://allblitz.com.au/cars/004_nskylinegtr95black.html

Let me know what you guys think of the choice of wheels.

Thanks,

Husnu (Hus)

post-14128-1146448203.jpg

post-14128-1146448233.jpg

post-14128-1146448303.jpg

Here is what they look like in action!

Mine just do not have the blue part as yours do.

10" rims just look phat :(

You're a legend. I've been typing keywords like 'Volks, Fzero, Challenge, GTR' etc... in google images, trying to find an R33 GTR with these wheels.

Thank's a lot, i love 'em !!!!!!

I've also got a set of HKS coilovers, once the wheels are on, i'll try and get the right height :D

post-24983-1146833860.jpg post-24983-1146833916.jpg

Same as my wheels but mine dont have the Blue inner like yours??

How much did you pay for them as I have no idea what they are worth!

I got mine for 1K when I bought my car, 17x8.5 and 17x9.5.

Edited by HR-32

^^ yea should be worth about 1500-1750 dependin on condition..

Wouldnt mind it on mine..

Actually i have seen one on a silver s2 33, and they look really nice..

haha anyone sellin some lol??

The extra inch wide wheel will allow you to run a wider tyre which allows you more grip = faster cornering :P

What offset are they ? should be around +20 to fill the guards nice...

However that said you have to take on board that the factory R33 GTR wheels (Magnesium) are also extremely light weight. Therefore you are not going to, if at all, reduce the vehicle's unsprung weight.

The stock forged non-Magnesium alloys are not very light, my 18x9+22 Enkei RP01s with 245/40R18 tyres

weigh the same as R33 wheels with 215/45R17 tyres and I have several 17x9 Enkei RP01, Enkei Racing S and BBS

LM that are lighter, I don't know about my other wheels because I haven't weighed them.

The real advantage of the stock wheels is that they can eat a kerb hard and take it like a champ! Good ol Nissan!

As for the wheels the poster has bought, I do not like the styling at all, but the width and offset specs are good,

I have ugly wheels that I love too so it is all good :(

The Dunlop W1s were good tyres... in 1998, I don't know when they were discontinued but they are probably

ancient by now so I would burn them up as quick as you can, if you get some heat through them they might

come good again though. But no question, for performance, the setup is good.

Edited by Laurence

Thank's for the feed back guys. I've stumbled across another set of wheels which I have fallen in love with and am just about to purchase.

They are the Volks CE28N. They are practically in brand new condition. Dimensions are: 18-9.5J Offset +15. Tires are YOKOHAMA DNA S-drive 235-40-18. I'll have to put wider tyres on them as soon as they get here. I think these will be the full time wheels on the car, they look stunning.

post-14128-1146999423.jpg

post-14128-1146999470.jpg

post-14128-1146999483.jpg

Actually a few months ago wheels or motor did a tyre test and came to the conclusion that wider tyres do not mean more on limit grip.

Thats more to do with chassis and suspension. Rather than tyre width.

+20 nice, they will fill the guards perfect....

I have a set of Enkei 18x10 +20 as well... and i'm happy with my 34 rims, thanks anyway :D