SAU Community

Sqeaking and banging noises from parcel shelf

Knat

Howdy...

Do you guys get a banging or a squeaky noise from your parcel shelves when you run some bass through your speakers or crank your sub(s)?

I used to only get it when i was pounding out some low bass and when I was back at the audio store last weekend, I showed one of the guys who started mucking around with the tray from inside the cabin and from the boot. Now i'm starting to notice it just driving along the motorways etc.

I think i've isolated the places where its coming from and now need to try and fix it. i think its the cover from the rear wiper banging up against the back window and also just one side of the shelf where the vents are...

Has anyone else had this problem? I presume its common...

How did you get around it? thick tape, foam, some sort of divider?

If so, where did you get it from and how much was it?

This noise is driving me nuts!!! :crazy:

Knat

I had same prob hubby and son found that the clips on the parcel shelf were not facing backwards so instead of it cliping 2 the body it sat up from it.....

hope that helps..

ahhh thanks Humbla. I have noticed that the shelf is sitting up. Maybe it is something to do with the clips. Have to try and figure out how to clip them down. As i said before, its only one side that makes the noise... perhaps one clip is right..

Fixed!

Well... It appears to be for now...

You were right Humbla, the clip was facing the wrong way and just hanging out. Fixed that, then proceeded to put some foam tape stuff in some of the gaps as a buffer between the wiper cover and the back window and between the parcel shelf and metal.

All good! Thanks! :D