SAU Community

280km/hr Dash

Ceffy_SA

Hello out there in 4 door land.

I have a 1988 A31 ceff, however mine has a 280Km/Hr dash in it. Has anyone ever seen one of these before in a Cefiro in place of the usual 180Km/Hr dash. Im just interested as mine seems to be the only one with this kind of dash in it. Could it of been taken from another car? I have always though that all the A31's were speed limited to 180km/hr from factory.

Mine is a RB20DET (was a RB20DE from fac) and is a factory manual too. If anyone has any info on this it would be great, im thinking its just an option you could get from when you bought a Cefiro from the show room. Here is a pic of the dash.

DSC00396.jpg

Yea works good, had the car around a year and a half now, got it with 51000km on the clock so it had definatley been wound back before it came to AUS 2 years ago.

I just though it might interest some fellow Ceff owners out there, i have seen quite a few Ceff's over here in SA and everyone has had the 180km/hr dash.

Hits speed cut at 190km/hr accroding to my dash :teehee:

Edited by Ceffy_SA

Sweet!!

One thing thou...my cefiro was factory auto converted to manual like most and still shows the various P, N, R, 123 etc inbewteen the speedo & revs, the long rectangular area. BUT it appears that yours has the auto section grey'd out / covered. You can see the outline of it in your pic so wondering if it is a auto dash but had the 'auto display' removed......

Sweet!!

One thing thou...my cefiro was factory auto converted to manual like most and still shows the various P, N, R, 123 etc inbewteen the speedo & revs, the long rectangular area. BUT it appears that yours has the auto section grey'd out / covered. You can see the outline of it in your pic so wondering if it is a auto dash but had the 'auto display' removed......

Mine was never an auto, its a factory 5 spd manual with a RB20DE (says it on the blue plate in the engine bay), i have heard on the grape vine that only 5% of A31 Ceff's came with the Manual box from Factory (probably a load of BS though)

oooooooo thats kinda special and very authentic lookin I want one :laugh: and thats what factory manual dashes look like well mine was 100% fac man and thats what it was like :angry: I think thats generally what nissan did with all there dashes still the strip but nothing in it YAY :rofl:

Sweet!!

Its the other way around. They add the auto indicators to the middle if its going to be auto and just leave it if its going to be manual.

Mine is the same.

your clearly both freaks.

Oookkkkaaaayyyy...... very insightful there mate LOL :unsure:

Konect - Yeah true they slot the display for the auto's in that area....but that said.... wonder if it is easy to source that 'middle plate' so to replace & remove the auto crap.... i know it is a negligable thing but would make a difference having it there since most are converted IMO....

Hhhmmm might see if it can be sourced...

I think the dash misht have come from a Thai or hong kong Ceffie their speedo reads more.

Hmm, thats what i was thinking, still i though there would be quite a few out there with the 280km dash.

Hmm, very weird. Someonestolec, you still havent sold your car :(

Hmm, thats what i was thinking, still i though there would be quite a few out there with the 280km dash.

Hmm, very weird. Someonestolec, you still havent sold your car :(

Yeah thats what i was thinking too. Aren't there a few people on this board from SE Asia with Ceffies? Perhaps they could shed some light on this. (And send us all one).

Thats fat, and owning a tuned car with an aftermarket ECU that'd come in handy on track days... then I would actually know how fast im going down the straights, rather than being "in the 'H'zone" once im over 180 :thumbsup: