SAU Community

Major Service Time, Check Me!

weSky

Hi Guys,

Its time for the major :woot:. I have gone through millions of post/threads and i just want to ensure i got everything.

Feel free to add or give suggestions on parts. Also, just an estimate on what you guys think a mechanic would charge to do each item.

I will be doing most of the basic stuff myself, but when it comes to water pumps and timing belts - forget it haha.

'94 R33 GTS-T S1 (RB25DET)

Timing belt

Water pump

Cam Seals

Crank Seal

Belt tensioner Pulley

Idler pulley

Spark Plugs

Diff Oil

Gear Box Oil

Engine Oil

Break Fluid

Power Steering Fluid

Coolant

Coolant flush

Injector Clean

Oil Filter

Fuel Filter

All Belts

Hoses

Fuel Pump

Wheel Allign

Ill also be doing the breaks, and have noted other things with majors. Im just really concerned what needs to go on under the hood.

Anything I forgot?

Cheers,

Steve.

Edited by weSky

tyre pressures

inspect all boots and bushes, suspension components, steering rack etc for loose bolts / wearing / leaking / play

check for oil leaks

check tyre pressures & tread depth

check brake pad thickness and rotor thickness

air filter

check all lights etc.

if you're changing water pump and sh1t, may as well change thermostat

alot of the stuff you mentioned only needs checking, like i wouldn't bother replacing most of the hoses unless they are showing signs of wearing, i wouldn't bother changing powersteering fluid, i wouldn't do timing belt etc. unless it's been 100,000kms since last done

i'm assuming you're doing a 100,000km service? timing belt/waterpump/oil seals/pully's are all pretty major, but i can see your logic if you're going to do the timing belt, may as well do all the other things you'll have access to while you're at it. If the timing belt has been done less than 100,000kms ago, i wouldn't worry about the above stuff.

I had the timing belt done the other day simply because i dont know the history of my car, and i dont trust the odometer.

Turns out the belt wasnt that badly worn, she had lots of life left in here... but boy did i sleep better last night.

Just do everything while your at it, saves the shit fight of having to come back in 2000km's to do the waterpump if you dont do it now and it farks out on you.

Edited by Mr Italy!