SAU Community

Brazen Thieves

Did you see those pricks steal that blokes GTR as shown on ACA last night?

Don't know if it was old footage but with video cameras over the place, they still got that car running in nothing flat, then just drove it away.

Bloody thing had neons under it everywhere, someone must have seen it.

No insurance, borrowed money for the car from his folks, pretty grim.

I think all Skyline owners should make a mental note where they see another Line, you may have vital info to catch some of these bastards.

What good are security cameras when no-one is monitoring them? Thats the first problem with that story.

The guys doing the stealing most likely knew they were not being monitored, so they were free to do anything they felt like doing.

why he had no insurance is beyond me....because he couldnt afford it? if you're borrowing $50k from your parents to buy the car, borrow $55k and insure it.

why he had no insurance is beyond me....because he couldnt afford it? if you're borrowing $50k from your parents to buy the car, borrow $55k and insure it.

thats dead right, uninsuring a r34 gtr (i think it was a 34 anyway) is asking for trouble. as a matter of fact i wouldnt buy a damn r32 gtst without insuring it.

people these days dont use their brains and think it wont happen to them.

feel sorry for the owner none the less.

i bet the owner didnt think about if he smashed into a brand new mercedes and then who is gonna pay up? i think the parents are the stupid ones for being so nieve (sp?)

money definately cant buy brains thats for sure!

Edited by CruiseLiner

if i caught a thief red handed, i would follow them back to where they live. i would burn their house to the ground. no questions asked. lets see how they like losing their sh*t. If you reported it to the cops they would probably get a fine, small jail sentence, then BAM! back on the streets stealing. You have to get them where it hurts most........

Insured or not, that car was destined to go. They'd cased the place previously and knew the operation of the "security door".

How many members have given their car to a performance tuning shop, panel shop, CD installer, alarm installer, insurance agent etc etc without any thought that one of their employees is on the take. Dead easy to get another key cut for early Lines and once inside, doesn't take long to kill an alarm or immobiliser.

I think car alarms should forget the siren, just have the sound of screeching tyres and you'll have ACA or the other gang there long before the blue boys.

Although I'm normally one for advocating against increasing penalties for crimes, I think automotive theft is one that has been unfortunately overlooked. It's all too easily dismissed, while other theft charges bring much more severe consequences.

Of course, judges aren't often in the business of buying and modifying Skylines, and if they were, would most certainly insure them. But that's why there's a significant lack of sympathy in the Courts, to them it's just a car that's been stolen - nothing more. No sentimentality, no association with existing solely for your car, nothing. And as far as they're concerned, if you have a $50k car without insurance and are not intellectually disabled, you've understood the risk that you face.

Yeah thats what i thought. Too cheap to be a GTR, and way to expensive to be a GT-t.

To me it looked like a standard GT-t with the full NISMO kit.

But if you don't insure it i really don't have any symphathy.

It's bad that it happens and he didn't deserve it, but if you don't insure thats the chance you take.

maybe it waas the bling bling neons that caught the thieves attention lol and as far as im concerned if u can't afford insuranceu shouldnt have the car eg buy something cheaper so u have money for insurance

f**k burning his house down, id smash both his wrists, that way he wont be able to steal again.

if your caught stealing in the Middle East, they cut your hands and feet off. i saw a video clip on the net last year.

I feel sorry for the guy, but it has said before and hell I'll say it again.

If you can't afford the insurance you can't afford the car!!!!

I guess the only solace you can take is that if they get caught and actually end up in prison, they will be in for some prison lovin "bubba" style

No insurance, borrowed money for the car from his folks, pretty grim.

I think all Skyline owners should make a mental note where they see another Line, you may have vital info to catch some of these bastards.

His folks lent him $50K for a car and didn't insist he insure it? I'd call the loss an idiot tax.

it has said before and hell I'll say it again.

If you can't afford the insurance you can't afford the car!!!!

Obviously that isn't a factor here...

He couldn't afford the car.

It was handed to him on a silver platter.

Being an ungrateful little prick, he didn't give a second thought to protecting his parents investment, and rather than spend his own money on insurance or security, it was much more important to have a full sik set of neons.

No skin of his nose.....

I'm sure mummy and daddy will buy him another one.

Obviously that isn't a factor here...

He couldn't afford the car.

It was handed to him on a silver platter.

Being an ungrateful little prick, he didn't give a second thought to protecting his parents investment, and rather than spend his own money on insurance or security, it was much more important to have a full sik set of neons.

No skin of his nose.....

I'm sure mummy and daddy will buy him another one.

good point, he didnt give a second thought cause it wasnt his hard earned cash he was risking.

the parents should be bloody shot for being so damn stupid

Guest Mashrock
if your caught stealing in the Middle East, they cut your hands and feet off. i saw a video clip on the net last year.

terrorists killers and middle east whackoz..

or something like that title..

great dvd..

Maybe the neons came on it?

Maybe the insurance was going on the next day or something?

You really shouldn't be that harsh on him.

Read my above post and you'll see where i stand on it all, but don't be so rude.

peace out