SAU Community

Body Kits and Paint Shop

Steve

Hi again,

Well its just about time to get the rear bar tied into the skirts, and perhaps change the front bar as its starting to give me the shits.

Can anybody recommend a shop? Prefer a place that supplied, fitted and painted. Or if not a good paint shop as I have this not too easy to match colour - red. Well it mightn't be too hard, but a couple of shops in WA couldnt get it right.

Also if anybody has had any bad experiences, could you drop me a pm - dont want to go upsetting anybody.

Thanks for your time

Steve

Thanks Miss*33. Have you seen much of their work? Most important part is good work, not too worried about price as I am a great believer in getting what you pay for - the odd lucky bargain buy aside:)

Cheers

Steve

Yep theyre work is wicked...my b/f's dad used to own it and his brother still works there...they're paintwork is very good and they're heaps fussy with their quality. They do a lot of new car work so they have to be up to scratch!

I gave Straightline Automotive Enhancements a call, and they just told me 'sorry mate, we dont do anything for a skyline'

Got in touch with Silins, different story, they are sending some photos - still to give Steve's body shop a call - soon....

Thanks for the replies:)

Steve

Im getting my front bar painted and fitted atm from tolley road crash repairs. I know there paint matching is the best ive seen, ill soon find out bout their fitting of the front bar. They said they have to cut a fair bit off the metal brace behind the original bumper but if it fits so be it..

Wont be able to tell you the cost till I get it back. It is a bit cheaper for me bcause I know the owners, but if they did not do I good job i would not go there friends or not.

Hey Matt, if you could get a price for SAU members:D off the guys would be great, just standard charge to fit and paint etc.

You have the same colour car as mine so if you can get a good match I will be very impressed 'cos its a bitch if you know what I mean.

Cheers

Steve:)

I would look at buying a kit from some one interstate or the likes.. And get Impressive Paint & Panel to do the painting etc.. Have seen some of their panel work (converting the GTS-t front and rear guards to GTR guards.) Sweeeet work.. AS is there painting.. I can recall where they are in adelaide but i can find out..

Originally posted by MattR

Im getting my front bar painted and fitted atm from tolley road crash repairs. I know there paint matching is the best ive seen, ill soon find out bout their fitting of the front bar. They said they have to cut a fair bit off the metal brace behind the original bumper but if it fits so be it..

im just round the corner from them, so im keen to hear your thoughts after youve had it all done.

need to get my front bar touched up , so could be handy

cheers

shannon

Originally posted by Sil8ty

I would look at buying a kit from some one interstate or the likes.. And get Impressive Paint & Panel to do the painting etc..

Im going to get my Gtr front bar and side skirts painted and fitted there, their in golden grove on greenwith road