SAU Community

Power Fc Maps For R32 Gtr

HI EVERYONE

I AM ABOUT TO REPLACE ME MODIFIED ECU FOR A POWER FC. I HAVE BOUGHT ONE OFF SAU THROUGH A GROUP BUY.

WOULD SOME ONE HAVE MAPS PLEASE TO SUIT MY RB26DETT.MODS ARE HKS AIR PODS,FULL 85mm EXHAUSTFROM COLLECTER,14 POUND BOOST.THATS ABOUT IT.

THANKS STUART[NISSANGTS] :D

HI EVERYONE

I AM ABOUT TO REPLACE ME MODIFIED ECU FOR A POWER FC. I HAVE BOUGHT ONE OFF SAU THROUGH A GROUP BUY.

WOULD SOME ONE HAVE MAPS PLEASE TO SUIT MY RB26DETT.MODS ARE HKS AIR PODS,FULL 85mm EXHAUSTFROM COLLECTER,14 POUND BOOST.THATS ABOUT IT.

THANKS STUART[NISSANGTS] :unsure:

stuart, the stock map wont be too bad to drive around on for a while until you get a proper tune with AF meter.

someone elses tune doesnt take into account the differences in your setup ... eg. clogged injectors, lazy fuel pump etc.

your rb26 is essentially stock and the stock 32 GTR FC map wont be too far off

someone elses tune doesnt take into account the differences in your setup ... eg. clogged injectors, lazy fuel pump etc.

Good advice by Slippery, but a dyno tune/remap really is good value these days with the high fuel price. Not only will you gain power, but you should gain cuising economy also. Depending on the kms you travel I wouldn't be suprised if you paid back the cost of the tune within a couple of months due to fuel savings (assuming you can keep your right foot off the floor that is :unsure: )

Pay for a tune. Its not worth blowing up the motor, which being R32, is already fragile

Copying tunes from someone else's PFC and some other workshops work i would understand to be illegal. Could be wrong but i'd say it would be.

Come on guys help him out its not going to hurt anyone.

1. If you have paid for a tune then you own it just like you do when you buy an engine or pay for counselling so you can share with who you want at their peril.

2. Down here in Launceston there is 1 dyno operated by a clown in my opinion so it's difficult to get any tuning done here other than the open road which is a bit dangerous and a bit illegal in 4th gear at 8000rpm's.

Infact you can't even get your original ecu chipped down here because no one does it!

I think Stuart is just asking for help so that he can cut down the illegal time tuning out on the road. So may be someone can help the guy out???

Cheers

Rich

Pay for a tune. Its not worth blowing up the motor, which being R32, is already fragile

Copying tunes from someone else's PFC and some other workshops work i would understand to be illegal. Could be wrong but i'd say it would be.

Not illegal as not copyrighted work, but is not very fair or ethical as there was a cost to the tune in the first place.

Plus Stuart you run more of a risk of damaging your engine by doing so.

Well intellectual property etc etc came up.

if you do something for someone else, then you give it to a competitor (being anyone that doesnt pay for the work) then i dunno.

Im not expert, but it rings some bells

Well intellectual property etc etc came up.

if you do something for someone else, then you give it to a competitor (being anyone that doesnt pay for the work) then i dunno.

Im not expert, but it rings some bells

There's no Intellectual property in this case.

Besides, the end user can choose to take their car anywhere for a tune, and each workshop modifies the tune as they receive it. If tunes were IP, then each successive tune would constitute a derived work and would have to adhear strictly to the original tuner's terms and conditions...

Absolutely no chance :)

14psi is too high

on the topic of tunes, what does everyone feel when a workshop locks the maps and settings via datalogit or power excel? does this not seem dodgy as all hell, i mean youve paid $500 odd for the settings, why should you not be allowed to view/see them ?

14psi is too high

on the topic of tunes, what does everyone feel when a workshop locks the maps and settings via datalogit or power excel? does this not seem dodgy as all hell, i mean youve paid $500 odd for the settings, why should you not be allowed to view/see them ?

Is this locking feature password protected or just an on/off setting in datalogit?

yes the locking feature;

hides all values for any given setting and set them all to zero's

the following software can unlock/lock

fc datalogit

apexi fc pro (retail version)

apexi powerfc pro (power excel tuner version)

it is NOT password or a code/key feature it is merely lock/unlock.

any of the above programs can unlock/lock any of the settings

ie: datalogit can unlock power excel lock

any other software that can emulate the apexi protocol and send the right sequence of commands (see powerfc hacking exposed on how to do it)

i actually had a workshop say they would lock and password protect my maps on my autronics, and when i mentioned it to my new tuner he said they have had people that had to take the company to court just to access the ecu again, because it cant just be reset and start maping again without the password.

lucky i got out of there before they did anything

yes the locking feature;

hides all values for any given setting and set them all to zero's

the following software can unlock/lock

fc datalogit

apexi fc pro (retail version)

apexi powerfc pro (power excel tuner version)

it is NOT password or a code/key feature it is merely lock/unlock.

any of the above programs can unlock/lock any of the settings

ie: datalogit can unlock power excel lock

any other software that can emulate the apexi protocol and send the right sequence of commands (see powerfc hacking exposed on how to do it)

Its an interesting question... the tuner is somewhat responsible if anything goes wrong but considering you probably waive that responsiblity when you start modifying your car I dont see any point to it other than the tuner wanting to protect the data from being copied between mates, etc. The tuner would then risk losing business as word gets around that they lock their tunes, so I couldnt image that many people would do it.

From a different angle, its probably more beneficial more the tuner to allow fiddling by the end user as eventually the user will bring back for retune.

The tuner should be upfront about things like that and the end user should ask the question of what should happen should they change the settings.

Imagine if I were to come and setup your home PC real nice then lock all the settings [ as many large corporations do to their users ]?? .... yes exactly :)

i actually had a workshop say they would lock and password protect my maps on my autronics, and when i mentioned it to my new tuner he said they have had people that had to take the company to court just to access the ecu again, because it cant just be reset and start maping again without the password.

lucky i got out of there before they did anything

Yes, locking a customer into your business like that is anti-competative and is highly against the law :)

EDIT.. UNLESS you sign a contract!

Edited by Color_Of_Green

weve gone a bit off topic here

i dont think the issue is copyright, rather its that someone elses tune is not going to be perfect for your car and will be just as far off 'perfect' as the stock power FC values.

therefore, around in circles we go :)

THANKS EVERY ONE FOR YOUR IMPUT. I DIDN'T RELISE THERE WAS GOING TO BE SUCH SPIN OUT.

SOME ONE RECONS THAT 14POUNDS IS TOO MUCH,I DO BELEIVE YOU ARE RIGHT BUT I HAVE BEEN RUNNING 16POUND BOOST FOR 5 MONTHS KNOW,I ONLY TURNED DOWN DUE TO FEUL VARIENCES,MAYBE I HAVE SOME GOOD TURBO'S OR JUST BEEN LUCKY.I HAVN'T CHECKED OR PULLED ANY THNIG APART SINCE I BOUGHT MY GTR.I HAVE OWNED IT FOR ABOUT 6 MONTHS NOW.

THANK ALL STUART[ >_< NISSANGTS]

Hello,

My PFC map is 100% self tuned, but I read Paul's FAQ before I started. Will Paul be pissed at me if I share my map?

:)

I can send you my map, but I should confirm you're looking for an RB26 map. (Thread title refers to GTR, but your profile lists RB20...)

Take seriously the cautions to make sure the tune is right for YOUR car.

I had mine running just like I wanted, and then one day it started running rich across the board. Boost leak should make it run rich on boost, but either the same or lean on vacuum. Not that.... My guess is that my fuel pressure regulator is dodgy. I've ordered a fresh Nismo adjustable one and will re-tune.

Anyhow, PM me if you want a look at what I'm running.

Cheers,

Dan

i dont mind if you share the map, go for it

its probably not a good idea, you would be much better off just getting it tuned correctly

^^^^^

What he said!

The PFC base map is intended to err on the safe side, but even they can't guarantee you won't hurt your engine.

Thank you all very much,i will work on hte standard map that comes with pfc.+i will plug in my air feul mixture meter and go driving for a few hours.i have done many haltech systems on a va0iaty of car and never had a problem with maps that people helped out with.pfc is new to me and the manifold vacume of the rb26dett dose give alot of variance to the haltech system due to the 6 throtle butterflys.

my opinion is that haltech is a great system so i hope i havn't made a mistake buying the pfc.

regards stuart :ermm: