SAU Community

Need Insurance? Want Cheaper Insurance?

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ive heard that they operate out of queensland and go nation wide. this guy i was talking two had a r33 gtst, he was 23 and it cost him about 1900 for full comp insuance, no little traps like that car isnt coved after 11pm. it sounded very good, any help in finding this group would be very heapful.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It only needs to be locked up in your own garage if within 500 metres of your home. Which is a fair enough call. Anyone that parks their 'line on the street is just asking for trouble. There's at least one Skyline owner that lives in Newtown who parks his car in the street, and I know that I don't want to be subsidising *his* insurance policy when it goes missing.

• 2 weeks later...

i just bought a skyline 2 days ago and am looking hard for comprehensive insurance. however my problem is that i'm only 18 with 20%ncb and i live in a "bad area"

although Famous insurance sounds like a real bargain for young drivers, but has anybody got a contact number i could call?

Just got insurance with Just cars for an R32 GTR insured for $25000. Full comprehensive is about $1100 which I thought was pretty good. I am 29 with clean driving history but the excesses are very high. I don't plan on having an accident that's my fault so I would rather smaller premium and larger excess.

I got a quote for a R33 skyline GTS-T with a FMIC mod.. and they wanted $2700 a year, plus about $1000 excess.. That was only an Online quote, so i should probably be able to knock it down a bit more when i describe the alarm i have to put in, the area i'm in, etc...

I am 18, had one speeding fine, never been in an accident, and been listed on my parents insurance policy for 1 and a half years.. They don't even know about my listing on the other policy, so that should knock it down a bit more.. :cheers:

i'm 16 and i about to buy a silvia S13 K that i am importing i know i am a little one to u guys but no one wants to touch me lol Just cars seem the best i hate this just cause i am 16 i'm only using it to learn and doing it as i learn for after i get my P's don't want car in mums or dads name cause it is my money and i want to start geting a no claim bonus any ideas

well the smart thing to do is insure with parents untill the car is registered in your name when you have your Ps...

i drive my parents cars on Ls yet the cars are insured in their names.

when you drive on your Ls, the full licenced driver next to you is treated to be the one driving as they are in control, if you get a speeding fine, they pay it.

i didn't even know it was possible to do what your talking about... and thats a lot of money to start an insurance history.

when you drive on your Ls, the full licenced driver next to you is treated to be the one driving as they are in control, if you get a speeding fine, they pay it.

I dont know if this is entirely accurate but a mate of mines daughter was caught speeding (while on L's) and she automatically had points taken off her licence when she first got it.

:eep: well i better stop being so care free out there. although at the moment being a mm over 60km/h sends me the message "OI YOU'RE BREAKING THE LAW MOFO".

anyway, this is still doesn't make it economical to register insurance under your name if you're under 18 when you can register it under the supervisor for a fraction of the price.

I'm currently with Famous and paying $3,000/yr ($2,700 + $300 because I pay monthly). Right now I am on 40% NCB however this should be changing to 50% NCB when my renewal is due. I decided to give JustCars a call today...

1995 R33 GTS-t with current mods @ 40% NCB = $2,400

1995 R33 GTS-t with current mods @ 50% NCB = $1,900 (<- this 1 may have been stock standard though)

1993 R32 GTR stock standard @ 40% NCB = $3,328

1993 R32 GTR stock standard @ 50% NCB = $2,755

At this stage i'll be going with JustCars even though i'm yet to get a quote from Famous based purely on the level of professionalism that JustCars have. To me it sounds like Famous is working out of a garage.