SAU Community

From Las Vegas 2 Sydney

WHICH SKYLINE SHOULD I GET.

IN AMERICAN I DRIVE AN ACURA TL W/SUPERCHARGER, 325HP.

A SUPER FAST HONDA.

WHICH SKYLINE ONE IS THE BEST MODEL TO GET, BUT HAS A REASONABLE PRICE TOO.

IS IT BETTER TO IMPORT A SKYLINE OR BUY ONE IN AUSTRALIA...

ANY AN ALL IDEAL ARE WELCOME.

TUNERS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

IN AMERICA WE CONSIDER YOU AUSSIES SO LUCKY BECAUSE YOU CAN IMPORT THE SKYLINE.....

I am look to finance 35K and with 40 to 65 miles on it.

How do you finance a car in Australia?

I love the R34 but does it come with an intercooler for the turbos.

I am look to finance 35K and with 40 to 65 miles on it. - km's r normally under 120k for most imports

How do you finance a car in Australia? - Go to a bank and get a loan

I love the R34 but does it come with an intercooler for the turbos. - Yes the R34 Gt-t is turbo with a intercooler and you should be able to pick one up a nice one for 25k

Well are we talking US dollars or Aussie dollars.

If your talking US dollars, thats about 46,000AUS dollars... enough to buy you an awesome version of an R33 GTR series 3.

Thats an Intercooled Twin Turbo RB26DETT (2.6 litre twin turbo).

Thats what i'd do with 46k, personally.

you could also get a 32 gtr and have lots money left over for big spending spree of quality go fast bits.

there are quite a few good gtrs both 33's and 32's for sale in the for sale section of forums some with go fast bits already attached

are u in the states and want to get a Skyline from australia to the US? - not going to happen...

if you're in oz and wanna get one here, refer to other comments....

"compliance" for Skylines in the US will cost you an arm and a leg, plus your heart, soul, brain, kidney, etc, etc, last i heard 1 place has the monopoly on importing them.

Yep no chance of getting a line to the States for the time being since the guy is in the slammers. Just move to Aust, best country in the world, can drive any imports you want, what more can you ask for haha.

^ heheh, well there you go...

i can't remember exactly, but i thought it was something rediculous like $50k AUD ontop of the car price to bring a skyline into the states... could be wrong tho...

last i heard 1 place has the monopoly on importing them.

yeah. pretty sure the company is called Motorex. They got in trouble for fraud or something like that. They were bringing in Skylines but werent putting them in their certain classes (SI, SII R33, GTS-T, etc) so the Government terminated their contract.

best country in the world

Spot on Mate! :)

Thanks for you help guys.

I am moving next year to Australia.

I believe we will live in NSW.

I not to sure about buying a car before i see it so I will have to buy the car in Australia W/OZ dollar.

If you guys have meet can you put a few pictures.

I not to sure about buying a car before i see it so I will have to buy the car in Australia W/OZ dollar.

Oh ofcourse you would be paying Australian dollars but what i mean is, are you willing to pay 35,000US dollars? You will soon realise once you get to Australia, 35,000 US daollrs is roughly 46,000 Australian dollars.

I say dont settle for anything less then an awesome quality Series 3 R33 GTR (1997/98 i think).

They're the last of the R33 model with awesome Xenon lights :dry:

To get a loan of any substantial amount, you will need to earn a credit history. I was faced with the same problem and it took me a year or so and steady employment to get anything. I came from the UK with the top credit rating but it wouldnt even be considered here.

One of the good things you can do is open a bank account on a visit here to start the ball rolling.

I would wait until you get here and talk to some importers and tuners alike who could advise. There are a lot of people importing here so lots of opinions to consider.

Good luck and I am sure you will enjoy Oz, however what drives you to leave Vegas? :dry:

I love the R34 but does it come with an intercooler for the turbos.

All turbo skylines from the R32 onwards come with standard intercoolers. Although in the single turbo variants they're pissy little sidemount ones which are only good if you plan to keep the engine in stock form. A FMIC kit for a skyline is about AUD $500 these days for a chinese cooler, and up to about $1500 for a brand name one.

Mileage on skylines are generally not something you should go by, due to shifty dealers winding back km's etc. Go by the condition of the car and have it independantly assessed prior to purchase. If I had a budget of 35K, my car of choice would be an R33 GTR as you can have them for as little as 25K plus on road costs these days for a slightly older car, and keep the change for things like insurance and mods. R34 GTt should also be around the same price range, but you get a much more fun car in the R33 GTR.

Although if you're coming from the US I dunno if you'll be approved straight away as you'll need a decent credit history within the country. You might wanna stick to something more sedate and cheaper like a R33 GTS25t (2.5L single turbo).

Just don't get too excited at the opportunity of owning a skyline and be suckered by a dealer into owning a lemon. If you import one from Japan, you get exactly what you're looking for (most importers in Australia these days can find you something to meet your exact requirements as long as they're reasonable) at a cheaper price, however you'll be waiting about 12 weeks to get your car. If you buy one locally your choice is somewhat limited (although these days Skylines at dealerships are common as fcuk and come in all sorts of shapes, colours n configs), they cost a little bit more, but you get to drive them away.

My advice to you is to come down, and have a look around. You'll be surprised with the volume of skylines you see on the road and in used car dealerships.

Hey saff.

I am relocation with my Australia wife to NSW.

Vegas is beyound fun but from what I know so is OZ.

So I will be there soon.

I am going to spend 35K aussie dollar, as far as, credit she has great credit.

Funky and Mr Italy thanks for you help..

This is the one question.

Will I import it for buy there.

As far as waiting for the car I will have a little time on my hands getting a handle on drive on the right side.

Phatt- man your silly..

I am driving an acura TL>>>>a smoke hot car/>>>>>>LOL

Hey guys>>>>>>>>>>>>let me know of any importers..